Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suddenly developed Centals
Suddenly developed Centals
Hi

I have been using Cpap for 3 years incredibly successfully. Absolutly love it

Have had it on a pressure of 7 on Cpap mode only and its been the best ever.,

In the last few days I have developed a habit of stopping breathing while I'm trying to fall asleep which has basically stopped me from falling asleep at all as I am waking up gasping evry few minutes.

Not all these events are showing up on Oscar as they dont all last 10 seconds before I wake up.

This was the main reason I get a sleep test in the first place and I assumed the Cpap therapy had fixed this.

I seem to have shallow breathing even when Im awake now.

Last night I had to take a Xanax ( which I never take . My wifes) at 1 oclock to finally sleep and had 6 Clear airway events in 11 minutes before finally falling asleep.

Could this be a slight hiccup or should I go see my sleep therapist again?

any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suddenly developed Centals
Welcome to the forum.

At AB we work mostly from data. Show us your daily chart at full scale and another zoomed to 10 minutes to show the your area of concern Your stopped breathing while trying to fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Whats the best way to show the chart at full scale?

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply

I couldnt fall asleep from 22.00 till around 01.45 and even tho no clear airway events are showing from that time it is probably because Iyhey were under 10 seconds maybe

I also changed my pressure from Cpap only of 7 to auto 7 to 13 to see if it would help
Post Reply Post Reply
Brad, the full scale is ok but need to see just 10 minutes so we can see a bit of each breath where you are having the problem,
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks.

Hope this is ok
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm also adding from last night . I went to bed at 10 but still didnt fall asleep until well after 1pm

Thanks
Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
What I see is some disturbance and irregular breathing, at least some of it is likely awake breathing.
The central that you zoomed in on are not typical centrals and are much more likely to be you holding your breath while fidgeting. This is very common.

I'm going to suggest that you take a real deep look at sleep hygiene, as this is likely to be at least a part of what you are experiencing.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_hygiene
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Appreciate your advice
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,784 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 287 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 520 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 423 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Suddenly can't use CPAP after years of effortless use Gugliano 13 1,175 06-10-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] AHI suddenly rising and feeling tired calferreira 1 397 06-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: calferreira
  Suddenly getting large leaks Zach21 4 589 03-04-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Zach21

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.