Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suddenly feeling MAD at my mask...help?
Suddenly feeling MAD at my mask...help?
Greetings fellow Pap-ers,
So I'm through to night 28 now. I still haven't figured out screen shares, that's the next thing on my to do list, as soon as I can feel well enough to focus on that...

Last couple or three nights, I've found myself feeling really irritated with my nose pillows...not necessarily physically irritated, though perhaps my new higher start of 5.6/10 min ramp, hasn't been accepted yet by my corporeal self.

I've found myself spending the first hour or two, tossing and turning, moving the thing this way and that, feeling like the nose pillows sort of touch inside my nose in a not happy place (a feeling I recall feeling when i first started as well but which had gone away) I pull the thing out to reseat it, which used to work, but no longer seems to, I feel like I can't get my headgear straps just right, I feel like I have lost my HAPPY PLACE....Oh happy place where DID you go?

I have a few good hours towards the end of the night, strung together without PEEing and I am grateful for those, but after about 3 nights of short quality sleep...I'm peeved..and not looking forward to bed. The system I had in place "ie...I just do this, do that, and everything works" has slipped and I don't know why. My numbers haven't changed as far as the therapy I'm receiving (except TOO SHORT of hours asleep arrghh)

I wash nose pillows daily and alternate between two I own, a night at a time, I tub wash heated hose weekly, I have always used Ayr gel in nose, light coating to help prevent any sores/problems. Last night I wondered if I could shove some coconut oil in there as a better barrier but unsure, I did not. I don't own any cream I know to be petroleum product free, for sure.

Could it be that the pillows are changing/morphing enough as we near the time to get new one's at the DME and that they just feel less good until I'm so zonked I sleep anyhow?

Any thoughts would be helpful. I go to pick up new pillows Monday. I have size medium of the resmed p10 mask. Thanks in advance.

Sleeping-less in San Francisco,
Susan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suddenly feeling MAD at my mask...help?
Could just be the irritation of all this jazz is getting to you. Nothing is easy. Or you think it isn't. Everything is irritating. Grumble mumble.

And it is okay. I think we all go through it. A lot. The other night I tossed my mask across the room. Then got mad 'cause I had to get up and go get it.

Sit down with the mask and the instruction manual and the YooTubez and make sure you are putting it together right. Just for giggles. Check everything over. Because frankly, if you are only day 28 into it and you're using 2 sets of pillows and you're about to get a third? It's not the lifespan of the pillows. And if it is, get another mask. They should last longer than that. Is the P10 the only mask you tried? There's better masks out there. The P10 is ahead of the game in terms of its diffused vent concept but it is like they totally forgot headgear until the last minute and slapped a cloth rubber band on it as it went out the door. Ask your supplier about their mask trial options.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2015, 08:30 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Greetings fellow Pap-ers,
So I'm through to night 28 now. I still haven't figured out screen shares, that's the next thing on my to do list, as soon as I can feel well enough to focus on that...

Last couple or three nights, I've found myself feeling really irritated with my nose pillows...not necessarily physically irritated, though perhaps my new higher start of 5.6/10 min ramp, hasn't been accepted yet by my corporeal self.

I've found myself spending the first hour or two, tossing and turning, moving the thing this way and that, feeling like the nose pillows sort of touch inside my nose in a not happy place (a feeling I recall feeling when i first started as well but which had gone away) I pull the thing out to reseat it, which used to work, but no longer seems to, I feel like I can't get my headgear straps just right, I feel like I have lost my HAPPY PLACE....Oh happy place where DID you go?

I have a few good hours towards the end of the night, strung together without PEEing and I am grateful for those, but after about 3 nights of short quality sleep...I'm peeved..and not looking forward to bed. The system I had in place "ie...I just do this, do that, and everything works" has slipped and I don't know why. My numbers haven't changed as far as the therapy I'm receiving (except TOO SHORT of hours asleep arrghh)

I wash nose pillows daily and alternate between two I own, a night at a time, I tub wash heated hose weekly, I have always used Ayr gel in nose, light coating to help prevent any sores/problems. Last night I wondered if I could shove some coconut oil in there as a better barrier but unsure, I did not. I don't own any cream I know to be petroleum product free, for sure.

Could it be that the pillows are changing/morphing enough as we near the time to get new one's at the DME and that they just feel less good until I'm so zonked I sleep anyhow?

Any thoughts would be helpful. I go to pick up new pillows Monday. I have size medium of the resmed p10 mask. Thanks in advance.

Sleeping-less in San Francisco,
Susan
Do you feel you have to use pillows?, I'm a nose breather and have not tried pillows ,but I use an F&P Eson nasal mask which works wonders for me the only other mask I've used was the airfit n10 which didn't work well for me.
To me it sounds like you need to move on and try a different set up!
JMO
Good luck hope you get sleeping again soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for the Eson.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TheManseHen,
I agree, try another mask, there are many of them out there.
Just hang in there, you'll find a mask that works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Susan,
I'm in agreement with everyone else. It seems that there are a ton of masks available. I'd try another - you may find sleep nirvana with a new mask!
Big Grin[/b]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 126 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 377 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,107 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 312 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 380 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 347 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 840 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.