Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suddenly getting large leaks
Suddenly getting large leaks
Starting a few weeks ago I started getting lots of large leaks and I'm waking up feeling lousy. I've diligently made incremental tweaks to my mask fit and the problem has not resolved. I've closely followed the directions for ensuring adequate mask fit that's been helpfully provided by members of this forum but I haven't had success. I'd be so grateful if you could offer any advice. Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suddenly getting large leaks
What kind of mask are you using? Full face? Nasal? Nasal pillow? Model name would help also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for your help. I use a Dreamwear full face mask. It has a nasal pillow so it sits underneath my nose rather than over top of it. I' have a medium and a small and I'm having the same issue with both. I've been using it successfully for over 1.5 years and I've just recently started having problems with leaks. Back in January I discovered that the cause of the leaks was because my air pressure was set too low (min 5) so the EPR wasn't kicking in. I corrected that by increasing my pressure back to a min of 7 and that fixed the problem for a few months, until recently.
Post Reply Post Reply
When was the last time you replaced the cushion on your mask, or the headgear?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a medium for 1.5 years and then I purchased a replacement several months ago. When that didn't work I went back to my old mask and headgear and that didn't work either. Yesterday I got a new mask and headgear (small) and that didn't work either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 44 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,819 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 141 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 499 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.