Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestion for a new mask?
Question 
Suggestion for a new mask?
My CPAP is going well and AHI dropped to 0.1 on one night. The average is under 1.0.

I have been told that sometimes the mask (Eson F&P) leaks when I turn when sleeping and this makes a noise so am looking for another mask.

My average leaks are 1.29 (95% leak is 7.20). The time period is about two weeks for those. Data from SleepyHead.

Can anyone suggest one that will never leak if I turn over? Perhaps a Nasal pillow? Huh

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestion for a new mask?
I seriously doubt that such a mask exists - unless you can some how glue the mask to your face. Dont-know Then your problem would be explaining to everyone why you have it on during the day. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
With leak rate that low, if the mask is leaking when you turn over, it's not very much.

I wonder if it is the vent air hitting the pillow or sheet? That can make a lot of noise. Not much you can do about it though.

Oh and yeah, every mask has leak issues when the user changes position. Faces are pliable, hoses get pulled, pillows move, etc.

Nasal pillow masks are some of the best for low leaks but they are so light weight, the hose can pull them out of place.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks for help. Maybe I can install a cone of silence over one side of the bed. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your cone of silence, my partner just got used to the sound of my cpap and after seven years she does not even hear it anymore.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeper999,

I started on pillows and had far worse 95% and max leak rates....I'd move / turn over and knock them askew causing leaks that woke me up due to big blasts of air or I'd get the sheets too close to the diffuser and wake up due to the noise.

I'm currently trying out a Mirage Air nasal mask and I have found a few things. I can still get leaks, but they are much less...the nasal mask seems to anchor better/resist getting bumped around better than the pillows. Also, the different diffuser means less exhaust noise on the sheets or pillow...also helps in letting me sleep. Looking at my data, my leaks seem to be down a fair bit and I'm sleeping better (not getting the big leaks / noise waking me up).

Not every mask works for everyone, so keep trying to find the best one for you and how you sleep. But...I don't know that you'll find pillows to be better unless you're not a big mover in your sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again. Just discovered it's my breathing that is the problem. Deep breaths. Offered to stop breathing. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 646 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New User - Settings Suggestion - Disturbed Sleep ralphm123 3 319 11-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,485 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Suggestion to improve AHI, especially CA caffee666 7 640 01-31-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep Eye Mask Suggestion? Susabella 7 719 11-06-2022, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,172 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,679 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.