Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestion on back home preparation for senior patient who live alone
Suggestion on back home preparation for senior patient who live alone
Hi Everyone,

My mom is 70 and she need to return home soon with device bought here. She lives by herself.

I have thought about getting some spare parts of the device (it is only use less than a year), such as filter.

And i still not able to overcome data monitoring here remotely. In China only S9 is available, and not autosense 10. Also data won't be transmitted to MyAir.

Besides these, what would you suggest I can prepare here to help her there?

thank you for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestion on back home preparation for senior patient who live alone
The most likely item she will need is the replacement cushion for the mask. Perhaps filters for the ResMed machine. Can she get someone to zip the files from the SD card and e-mail them to you for analysis to see how she is doing. Have you looked on eBay for parts and materials? Seems like most items I want to buy here come from China...
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure of the cultural conventions in China --- but attempting to find a local support group would be most beneficial. You may wish to set her up on Skype and possibly a remote access program on her computer where she could place her SD card in the reader and you can transfer the files per Ron AKA to your computer. Since SD cards are relatively cheap -- you could give her a number of cards and mail you one every couple of months.

Best of luck with your mom.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you all
Post Reply Post Reply
If she or her caregiver has access to the internet, I find WeTransfer to be a good way to transfer large files. Just google it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,425 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,596 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 57 5,613 03-07-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,282 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 492 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 901 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 374 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.