Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestion to keep hose above head
Idea 
Suggestion to keep hose above head
Just a little contribution from me, hope that it helps someone: 

I tend to shift from side-to-side when I sleep. Keeping the hose above my head is not absolutely essential, but it does make things a bit easier (especially with a P10, which tends to play games with the seal and my nose when the hose is pulled to one side or the other). 

I've seen several products used to help with this, usually some sort of cradle or stand that fits in or beside the bed. 

For those of use who have headboards with slots or openings in them near the top (e.g. old fashioned brass, mission-style), what's worked for me is to buy one of those big, reusable, rubber-coated "twist ties" - Nite Ize calls them "Gear Ties", available on-line or in the big box DIY stores. They come in multiple lengths from tiny to several feet long. I wrap mine through one of the holes near the top railing of the headboard, criss-crossing over one end of the hose and holding it in place over the railing, and then running the hose behind the headboard to the machine. 

Wrapping it tightly-enough to keep it there, while loosely-enough to allow for some slight positioning changes (especially easy with one of the fleece hose covers), has worked out pretty well to keep the hose managed and "central" to where I sleep when turning over. As a bonus, the rubber coating won't mar or mark the headboard.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestion to keep hose above head
Thanks Bassline,

My version is very simple:

I have a cup-hook screwed into the ceiling above my bed, plus a length of elastic to support the hose.

(It really needs a simple cloth sling to prevent to hose bending to too sharply and getting damaged).

Anyway, it works perfectly.

.....Zim
Post Reply Post Reply
It is much better having the hose elevated and auto moveable. I have a headboard with bed possts at each side and just fix it with a rubberband. 
In the picture the bed post gets smaller and is topped with a round end. At the narrow part I just put the rubber band and snake the hose through it.
I also obtained a longer hose.
Facial features marked out to protect the innocent.. Dielaughing 

Sleep-well
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
Good hack! I just use a lanyard attached at the headboard, and loop the hose through it. Same idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My old cheapie holder broke and I came across this one in my search.  The main support is made of flexible conduit which allows it to shaped into any configuration.  Here are 2 stock images of this little puppy.
[attachment=13696]  [attachment=13697]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really big side benefit of using amounted hose is when you toss and turn, you won't pull the machine off the table and onto the floor. I use a hose buddy (can't remember which supplier I got it from) and have one of the big twist-ties to keep it in place. I also use a hose cover so my cats don't punch holes in the hose.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fabricated a hose holder and it attaches to the top of our bed's headboard. I used a door stop, the kind that screws into a wall behind a door. I screwed it into the top of the headboard and used a heavy-duty rubber band to secure the hose to it. That prevents the hose from being pulled, and insures my CPAP machine isn't going anywhere. 

I also use a hose cover, and it insures the hose is quiet if it should shift around any on top of the headboard.

Having a hose holder was the best thing to date, in regards to making my CPAP experience all that more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like to hang my feet from the bar in my closet and sleep in there from time to time. Machine sits on the floor and the hose is always over my head. Sometimes I draw in a widows peak, but I quit that since my wife started making fun of me, being bald and all.
Smile

I use the cheap blue hanger. It's been great. Used to use command hooks but had some issues keeping everything tethered so the command hooks now hold my mask when I'm up and down at night. I think that all the ideas mentioned are great! Whatever gets you comfortable is what you ought to do. The gear ties are an excellent example of utilising and applying readily available resources to gain good results.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I attach a tiny strip of velcro to my headboard, with a screw or nail. After a while I found I didn't need it anymore and now use it to attach the hose during the day!
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Still using this. Still working well.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ose-Holder
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.