Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestions For Airsense10
RE: Suggestions For Airsense10
JesseeLee I completely understand what you're suggesting - for what it's worth, if it IS Central then at least I'm a bit closer to eliminating the panic that has tried to settle in. In any case, I am grateful for the time taken to examine the logs.

Cheers
Howie
Post Reply Post Reply
The numbers this morning look better! That's the direction I was hoping top head.

I'm afraid to post the screen shots for fear of getting them in the wrong order, but the AHI dropped to 6.74.

Cheers & thanks for all the helpful suggestions. 8 seemed to work, Thanks Sleepyhead!

Cheers
Howie
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better night ..The system will not allow me to attach the other screen shots until I can find a way to reduce the size., but this one met the requirements.

Thanks again to all for a much better experience!

Cheers
Howie
Post Reply Post Reply
Managed to downsize the attachments ... appreciate any further advice.

Cheers
Howie
Post Reply Post Reply
Howie, as promised your AHI is less than half of the previous example. Using a maximum pressure of 8.0 did cut back the CAI a lot. With the lower pressure, the obstructive apnea went from .84 to 1.85. You currently have EPR set for Ramp only, and considering your tendency for CA, that is probably a good thing. Once ramp is over, so is EPR. If you want ramp during therapy, it needs to be set Full Time, however EPR can increase CA, but may reduce hypopnea.

We may need a slight increase in maximum pressure to resolve the OA, or a soft cervical collar may be a better solution in your case. Your obstructive event are clustered into two event clusters, and this suggests positional apnea. In addition, you tend to have more CA events when pressure is higher. So my preference is for you to find a way to keep from ducking your chin and keep the airway open.

You have what we call CPAP onset complex apnea syndrome. Here is some light reading for you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5721059/ The centrals may diminish in time, but the CPAP is not a tool that can treat central apnea and hypopnea. That requires something called Adaptive Servo Ventilation (ASV). If centrals do not diminish or return to be worse, that may be something you will be looking at, however most doctors and insurance want you to give CPAP a fair trial before making that decision. You will have lower AHI with limited and possibly fixed pressure. If we can treat the OA with a cervical collar, then we might be able to drop pressure even further. For now, keep the pressure at 8.0, try to get a comfortable fitting soft collar (I like what I see in the Dr. Dakota Stop Snoring device) and keep using the therapy. You will have a followup with your doctor and we can discuss that follow up as we see how this progresses. If you want to end up on ASV, then the best approach is to allow higher pressure, use as much EPR as possible and ignore the advice on the collar. I say that because ASV may be the best solution and effective therapy will undermine the case to provide it. It's one of those Catch 22 things, you have to fail to succeed. I think for now, the best course is to continue to optimize therapy and see how far we can take it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:

Once again, thank you for taking the time to examine the logs and post your suggestions. I feel much less alone and far more confident in trying other settings and materials.

Cheers
Howie
Post Reply Post Reply
Howie, you can take screenshots in Sleepyhead by simply clicking the F12 button while viewing the detailed chart. It will be saved as a .png file in My documents/Sleepyhead/Profile/Screenshots. This is a lot easier than using your system screenshot utility. Directions are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
F12 takes me where I don't wish to go on my Mac unfortunately .. I've tried all the known combinations and it still refuses to co-operate.

Cheers
Howie
Post Reply Post Reply
Howie51, your 'F12' key may be programmed for other operations, so you can also trigger a screenshot in SH when viewing the Daily tab, for example (or Statistics, or Overview, or whatever) by clicking on the 'View' tab (on the ribbon above the one Daily is on) and clicking the 'Take Screenshot' item:

[attachment=6952]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: thanks.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 0 31 4 hours ago
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 540 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,096 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 315 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 337 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 311 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.