Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestions For Blocked Nose
Suggestions For Blocked Nose
Since I stopped using the humidifier, I have been getting a really blocked nose (sooner that than the headaches!!) Anyway, can anyone suggest a good nasal spray that works for more than a few hours. Remember though, a lot of stuff that is available in America isn't available here in Australia. I use Rhinocort at the moment and it's pretty good but doesn't last long. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions For Blocked Nose
I don,t know how anyone can use CPAP without humidifier, I cannot do CPAP without the humidifier, the humidifier comes before CPAP but everyone is different. At times go to bed with stuffy nose and after few minutes breathing warmed humidified air, the sinuses clear up enough to use CPAP comfortably. Also sinus rinse (1 hour before bedtime) helps clear the sinuses and breathing through the nose so much better and now the humidifier warm-up is ready .. goodnight
Sinus rinse available from your chemist, I've used both Neilmed sinus rinse (US brand) and FLO (Aussie brand)

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVWhlrw1VgiWV673Inl6h...0X3TzNxE9Q] [Image: prod20_srk60.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk. Will definitely give them a go. It was a case of necessity that I had to stop using the humidifier. The constant sinus headaches which after a while nothing worked to ease them and believe me, I tried everything. Within a few days of not using it, the headaches stopped and I have to say that I have not had 1 single headache since January when I stopped using it. The only problem now, is as I said, stuffy nose at bedtime but hell, would much sooner have that than the constant headaches!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a Neti Pot with some success, although it's not a nasal spray:

http://www.apneaboard.com/Neti_pot.htm
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The nasal rinses are much better than any kind of medication, even over the counter.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Some people have full face mask as backup to use when nose get stuffy, full face mask allows to breathe through your nose or mouth.
The more nose get stuffy, the more one mouth breathe and if using nasal mask, opening the mouth allows therapy air to escape and compromise the therapy. Chinstrap helps keeps mouth closed and minimize mouth leak but one have to breathe comfortably through the nose
Maybe a referral to nose doctor might shed some light
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the suggestions guys...will see what happens with a good spray/rinse. Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
DO NOT USE THE GARDEN HOSE!! Or, as the Brits (and maybe Aussies?) say: DO NOT USE THE HOSE PIPE.

Just making sure you understand about the nose spray and rinse.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Should have rephrased better....see how I go with a good rinse and/or good spray!...without using the garen hose/hose pipe/hose!
Post Reply Post Reply
hose pipe, isn't that redundant? Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,932 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.