Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestions for "Fuzzy-headed, hungover" Feeling?
Suggestions for "Fuzzy-headed, hungover" Feeling?
Hi, New here. I was searching the internet for some suggestions/help and came across your forum. For the last couple of weeks I've had that "hung over" feeling even though my machine is working properly. I stopped at the sleep clinic yesterday and spoke to the MD about it, as I'm getting to the point where I can't concentrate at work. I'm literally walking around in a fog. He looked at the data on my card and said "it all looks good." He's going to have me use an oxygen meter (haven't picked it up yet) and go back in a month. He also prescribed trazodone. I do not want to use that unless absolutely necessary. I've been using bipap at 100% compliance for 15 years. I am 100% dependent on it. I'm really alarmed at this lack of restful sleep! Any thoughts? Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions for "Fuzzy-headed, hungover" Feeling?
Have you considered UARS?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any idea but it could be b/c you need a pressure adjustment. If you are not looking at the data in some software, download it and look to see if you can get an idea of what might be causing this feeling.

Also, if you want to try something to help you sleep, try something that is natural. I can give you a name of what several people I know use. if you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the name.

It wouldn't hurt to have your machine checked out to make sure it is functioning as it should. when is the last time you had a sleep study?
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

I agree with me50, the machine might need a check up or tune up.

How are your numbers on SleepyHead? Simply because an MD says the numbers look OK does not mean they ARE OK. MD's do not live in your body - YOU do.

Have your pressures been changed and you didn't know about it? Some DME's do this via modem and the XPAP user does not even know about it. I took the modem off my APAP after the 90 day compliance was completed and the machine was mine. I want to KNOW what the pressures are and have a say in what they are changed to. The lungs/body are mine, not the medical staff's.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2015, 11:39 AM)kinger62 Wrote: For the last couple of weeks I've had that "hung over" feeling even though my machine is working properly. I stopped at the sleep clinic yesterday and spoke to the MD about it, as I'm getting to the point where I can't concentrate at work. I'm literally walking around in a fog. He looked at the data on my card and said "it all looks good." He's going to have me use an oxygen meter (haven't picked it up yet) and go back in a month. He also prescribed trazodone. I do not want to use that unless absolutely necessary. I've been using bipap at 100% compliance for 15 years. I am 100% dependent on it. I'm really alarmed at this lack of restful sleep! Any thoughts? Thank you!

Hi kinger62, welcome to the forum.

I suggest looking at the data in your machine's SD card (using the free SkeepyHead software) to see how your machine is behaving.

Post a few more times (so your member status will be upgraded) and then you will be able to post a link to a SleepyHead image or report file showing detailed data (your Leak and Pressure and Flow and Events).

There is a "HOW DO I..." help file in the Private Area of the forum (open only to registered Apnea Board members) which explains how to post or link to images or files.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, everyone, for your responses. My machine is not connected to a modem. I've downloaded sleephead and I'm in the process of reading the documentation to understand what I'm looking at. For years, my settings were 10-14. In 2012 I changed doctors due to insurance reasons. The new doctor sent me to a sleep study then changed my settings to 8-12. I never really did feel great with that but I didn't know I could change it. In 2014 I changed jobs and as my insurance changed, I went back to my first doctor. After a discussion he changed my settings back to 10-14 in August. Things have "felt" fine until the last couple of weeks. He did have me try one night in "auto," and it was one of the worst nights I've ever had. He changed it back the next day. I received this machine in 2012. It has 984 days of use on it and I'm averaging about 7.4 hours per night. I have no idea what the life expectancy is on them. Its my third machine in 15 years, if that means anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kinger62,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with getting your CPAP therapy finetuned.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get a used machine? There are a lot of days on it considering that you just got it in 2012 unless you are close to the actual 3 year date of receiving your machine.

I am curious about what made your night so horrible when you had the machine on auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
Me50, The machine was new when I received it early in 2012. I've used it literally every night since, so 984/365 is 2.7ish years. That's correct.

When the doctor put the machine in auto, I got up the next day feeling like death. Severe headache, exhausted, dazed...a much worse version of how I've felt for the last week or so. I just started looking at sleepyhead and my AHI for the night the machine was in auto was 9.68; clear airway of 5.28; obstructive of 2.93; hypopnea of 1.47; vs2 of 5.28. I'm not sure yet what those numbers all mean, but they seem higher than any other time before or after the change to auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2015, 05:41 PM)kinger62 Wrote: I just started looking at sleepyhead and my AHI for the night the machine was in auto was 9.68; clear airway of 5.28; obstructive of 2.93; hypopnea of 1.47; vs2 of 5.28. I'm not sure yet what those numbers all mean, but they seem higher than any other time before or after the change to auto.

What were the settings for Min EPAP and Pressure Support (Min PS and Max PS) and Max IPAP while the machine was operated in AutoBiPAP therapy mode?

By the way, here is a link to the thread for discussion of SleepyHead. Includes RobySue's great "Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead" tutorial.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...3#pid72963

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.