Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Data supplier
Sleep Data supplier
Do any of you work with Sleep Data as your CPAP supplier? I have been working with them since July of this year, when I started therapy. They are nice enough but seem to have absolutely ZERO technical knowledge about the products they sell. They have been useless when it comes to troubleshooting - all they know how to do is replace. When I have technical questions about my therapy or any of the products I use, they have trivial responses and eventually refer me to ResMed directly, and then ResMed says I have to work with my supplier, as they do not directly support customers.

Is this just "how it is" in this field - i.e. suppliers just sell as many machines and supplies as possible, without really supporting them? I work in the clinical biotech field and we have to support every aspect of our products from their introduction to the market and years after their obsolescence, so I'm absolutely shocked at how little CPAP suppliers and manufacturers seem to support their products. It almost seems illegal, or at least completely non-compliant with FDA regulations for medical devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Data supplier
(11-25-2015, 12:55 PM)Possum Wrote: Is this just "how it is" in this field - i.e. suppliers just sell as many machines and supplies as possible, without really supporting them?
Out of interest, what kind of support are you referring to?

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you talking about support as to repairing equipment or do you mean customer support as far as helping you to understand your equipment?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2015, 02:46 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 12:55 PM)Possum Wrote: Is this just "how it is" in this field - i.e. suppliers just sell as many machines and supplies as possible, without really supporting them?
Out of interest, what kind of support are you referring to?

I'm referring to help with troubleshooting the various issues that come up with the ResMed Airsense A10 Autoset machine - data recording inaccuracies, unexplained hose faults, rainout occurring in their supposedly rainout-preventing heated hose, etc. These are points that many people have brought up on this board - it just seems strange that ResMed and Sleep Data (my supplier) react as if they have never heard of any issues with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, the're pretty useless
Anyway, thanks to our support group , who need them
[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like getting your CPAP machine from the electronics department at Walmart.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 168 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 162 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 572 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 788 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.