Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestions for a new machine
Suggestions for a new machine
It's been 6 years for me and time for a new CPAP machine.
I'm looking at the Dreamstation and the AirSense10 Autoset. My doc will prescribe whatever I choose.

I realize personal preferences and bias will get in the middle of this, but I could use suggestions.
I like the ability of the machine to sense and adjust needed pressure. I like starting off low pressure for sleep. I want data collection and the best algorithms available right now.
Doesn't need to be small as I no longer travel much.
I'm looking for something with all the improvements that 6 years would bring.

Ideas, pros and cons, please?
Thank you.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions for a new machine
Air Sense 10 Auto For Her. It's the latest and greatest with all the up to date improvements you can get in CPAP.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Walla Walla. The Dreamstations are good machines but the Resmed has the best algorithms. Don't be deterred by the "for her".
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
LOL!
Actually, I'm a him. Courtney has a guy's name before the ladies stoled it :-)

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you much!
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a him too, and I strongly recommend the the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her.

It's functionally identical to the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, except it has an extra configurable algorithm designed for female breathing.

A lot of hims use the for her.

But you should strongly consider staying with your current manufacturer. Some people switch manufacturers and then have trouble with the different algorithms.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to disagree with the Dog. The Resmed has EPR which let's it act somewhat like a BPAP which is an added advantage. You can also use the soft setting on the Resmed to act like the Dreamstations if you end up needing that. However the Dreamstations don't have true EPR. Instead they use flex which doesn't allow you the same benefits as EPR. Also the Dreamstations are slower to react to events which means you need to use it at higher pressures compared to the Resmeds. So all in all you have less options with the Dreamstations.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Walla -

I've heard that too. Altho my current CPAP machine is 6 years old it's in decent shape. Getting Medicare to buy me a new one may be a crap-shoot.
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure?  It sounds broken to me.  Bigwink
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2018, 01:20 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Are you sure?  It sounds broken to me.  Bigwink

Oh, it's busted and nothing but a bucket of dirt and dust inside. So broken I don't see how I can get it to the provider to inspect.
Could be lost too. As soon as I figure out how that could possibly happen.
Alien's maybe...
Aloha,
MrCourtney
Honolulu, HI
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2018, 02:27 AM)courtney123 Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 01:20 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Are you sure?  It sounds broken to me.  Bigwink

Oh, it's busted and nothing but a bucket of dirt and dust inside. So broken I don't see how I can get it to the provider to inspect.
Could be lost too. As soon as I figure out how that could possibly happen.
Alien's maybe...

I'd blame an invasion of midnight Gophers myself, those things will wreck anything
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Chin Strap Suggestions Jose Castro 9 819 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.