Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestions for replacment headgear
Suggestions for replacment headgear
Hi
I currently have been using the FX Mirage headgear, and I love it. For me, personally, IMHO, it fits and works well.
Over time it has stretched, and from the attached photo you can see, I have had to fold it over itself to make it firm enough for me.

SO.
What other headgear, would you recommend that is the same or very similar material, and is similar or smaller in size?

I've considered the Quattro Headgear. The top straps look a little to short, in some photos, and others, it looks fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions for replacment headgear
Any reason that you do not get a new one ?

Post Reply Post Reply
I replace the mask and headgear every three months... But I have noticed over the years that any headgear straps will give up their elasticity if not washed periodically. Usually a cool wash and air dry seems to put a lot of life back in my gear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2020, 09:53 PM)dkcdkc Wrote: I replace the mask and headgear every three months...  But I have noticed over the years that any headgear straps will give up their elasticity if not washed periodically.  Usually a cool wash and air dry seems to put a lot of life back in my gear.

More times than not, a good soaking / washing in hot water and some Dawn dish soap will work wonders for the strap elasticity. Makes um feel like new again.  like

They smell much better too!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 9 1,720 46 minutes ago
Last Post: FirstNoele
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 528 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 268 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,043 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 310 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 334 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.