Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No feeling much better on CPAP after 3 months
No feeling much better on CPAP after 3 months
Hi,

Perhaps it is too early, but after 3+ months I am not feeling much less sleepy and more alert on CPAP.  Also, my general brain fog has not lifted as suggested by my doctor.  I went into his office for a 90-day checkup/Medicare certification and he did not see anything wrong with the data he has from my ResMed 11.  Am I expecting too much?

Attached are the screens from Oscar for a typical night.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No feeling much better on CPAP after 3 months
Curious about your sleep study results, before CPAP. How severe was your sleep apnea prior to CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No feeling much better on CPAP after 3 months
(01-09-2023, 02:27 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Curious about your sleep study results, before CPAP.  How severe was your sleep apnea prior to CPAP?

This is from the dual mode (without and then with CPAP) sleep study:

"During the first half of the night, polysomnographic findings are consistent with severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (AHI= 55.1/hr; RDI= 55.1/h) with significant nocturnal desaturations....  The lowest oxygen saturation was 82 %; and 2.7 % of the total sleep time was spent at oxygen saturations below 88%.  Moderately loud frequent snoring was documented.  Sleep fragmentation was seen due to respiratory events."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,646 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.