Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supplier Recommendations please
Supplier Recommendations please
I would like recommendations from anyone on which supplier you have been the most pleased with. I've been a C-Pap user for 6 months now and am so ready to leave American Home Patient as soon as I can. My understanding is I have to wait for the first year to be up before I can change suppliers. I've been nothing but disappointed with AHP's services since I started. Again, today, I've had another bad experience. They don't do what they say they will. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Supplier Recommendations please
Hi VSlaybaugh, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm sorry you are having a rough time with the DME you are with right now. You will see, at the top of each page here on this board, a list of suppliers.
I have used suppliers number 1 and 18 on the list and have had no trouble with either one of them.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've ordered from #18 on the list and been pleased with their service and price.

Click on SUPPLIER LIST at the top of this page.

Stick around for other opinions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops...did I break forum rules by mentioning the name of my DME? I hope not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's OK so long as you don't actively link to them.
Post Reply Post Reply
DMEs are the bain of CPAPers. It depends on where you are located and which insurance you have. Plus, are you in the period where insurance is "renting" your machine for X months until it is paid for.

Let's say your machine is paid for; and you are on US Medicare. Certain metro areas are now competitive bid areas where a person can only use a competitive bid winning DME. You can change DMEs at will to any DME who is a competitive bid winner. That means: as long as you don't need to make in-person visits, you can order supplies from a DME across the country if they are a bid winner. If using some insurance company, you may be limited to their list of qualified DMEs. If out of pocket, then any DME that meets your needs is available. You will need a prescription from a doctor.

I do not know if you're locked into a DME -- seems like only if the machine is not paid for yet. That's 13 months on Medicare.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2014, 05:12 PM)justMongo Wrote: DMEs are the bain of CPAPers. It depends on where you are located and which insurance you have. Plus, are you in the period where insurance is "renting" your machine for X months until it is paid for.

Let's say your machine is paid for; and you are on US Medicare. Certain metro areas are now competitive bid areas where a person can only use a competitive bid winning DME. You can change DMEs at will to any DME who is a competitive bid winner. That means: as long as you don't need to make in-person visits, you can order supplies from a DME across the country if they are a bid winner. If using some insurance company, you may be limited to their list of qualified DMEs. If out of pocket, then any DME that meets your needs is available. You will need a prescription from a doctor.

I do not know if you're locked into a DME -- seems like only if the machine is not paid for yet. That's 13 months on Medicare.

@justMongo Yes, I believe I'm locked in until my machine is paid for which I believe is 17 months from what I can remember from my signed agreement. I am technically "renting" my machine until that time is up. Insurance is BCBS. I'm not old enough to be on medicare.

I need to look into what you mean by "competitive bids" to understand what you're talking about. I don't have to make in-person visits to AHP. I don't have to go back to my pulmonologist for a year (Feb. 2015). I don't have to provide data from my machine that I'm being compliant to my insurance co. When I reorder supplies, AHP asks me questions and takes my word for it. I am being compliant.
Post Reply Post Reply
Competitive bids only applies to suppliers who want to deal with Medicare. With BCBS, you don't have to worry about that.

Check with your insurance about who you can go to. As in do they have a network list or can you go to anyone. Also ask if you can order online and then get reimbursed. No online place accepts insurance but will help with getting you the information you need to fill out your own insurance forms.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 136 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 451 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 607 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 306 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 44 3,984 01-28-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 227 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Recommendations for national suppliers? HenryBowman 2 365 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.