Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suggestive Improvements
Suggestive Improvements
Would appreciate an expert opinion on my results, settings, etc.
Been on the new machine for a few months and trying to maximize benefit.
Thanks in advance.

[Image: mKBk2Gp.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestive Improvements
That looks pretty good to me.  How are you feeling?  You can try increasing your minimum to 9 and see if that reduces your AHI / results in a better sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great looking numbers, the real question here is how do you feel?  Comfort is a major player once you have your numbers in a good place.

ANY adjustments you make need to be small at this stage, but are NOT needed in your case.
Also know that your EPAP which is 6-6.5 is what is supporting your Obstructive Apneas, not the higher IPAP pressure.  Changing Flex will change your EPAP pressure.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel good. Hate the inconvenience of the device and moderate discomfort while wearing it.
However, the results are worth it and I'm fully dedicated to the therapy.
I've never missed a day. Doesn't make sense to skip when the benefits are there for me.

I'm assuming you mean "FLEX" setting will affect/help my OSA stats.
I'm on FLEX 3. I'll move it to FLEX 2 and see if the higher exhale pressure makes a difference for me.
Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no need to change
.just be aware t bff at a change in flex alone may impact your loss either good or bad. Your Epps.your lower pressure will change if you change your flex setting.

As I said your numbers are very good
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2017, 10:37 PM)bonjour Wrote: Great looking numbers, the real question here is how do you feel?  Comfort is a major player once you have your numbers in a good place.

ANY adjustments you make need to be small at this stage, but are NOT needed in your case.
Also know that your EPAP which is 6-6.5 is what is supporting your Obstructive Apneas, not the higher IPAP pressure.  Changing Feex will change your EPAP pressure.

Fred

Fred,

Is there a quick reference guide describing what various adjustments will achieve? I'm at 9 fixed with an Cflex+ of 1 but still get some aerophagia. I'm thinking my lower EPAP is 7.5 with this setup. What if I used 7.5 fixed with no Flex? Would the reduction of IPAP with this setup have an effect as well? I'm usually .5 - 1.5 AHI with no obstructive events mostly CA or Hypopnia. I feel mostly good, although I can tell the difference when my AHI is low. 

Hope this helps others reading this thread as well.

Thanks,

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex and EPR are considered comfort settings and as such we as the patients are generally "allowed" to change them but. . . .
Pressures, both Inhale (IPAP) and exhale (EPAP) are what are manipulated by all PAP machines to affect our therapy. Any changes made to pressures may or may not impact that therapy. Clinics use a titration study because they do not know what will work or not work for you. Each of us are different and our treatments are different.

It is by looking at the charts that we see how anyone is responding to the therapy that at certain pressures you get certain events that we generally recommend settings. When you are close with generally good numbers make only small single changes and give your body time to adjust to them to see if that has improved you therapy.

Your thought to drop flex or EPR and set a fixed pressure at your EPAP is a good trial. Go for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tampa Jim, I would like to see a couple days with minimum pressure at 8.5. Overall, results look good, but you could perhaps clean up the hypopnea and flow limitation with a minimal boost in base pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just happens that 8.5 is exactly what I've did last night ... no changes to my FLEX setting at this point.
Numbers were basically in range with previous results, nothing dramatic - good there. AHI of 1.4.
Will leave it alone for at least a few days and watch the progression, nights are never exactly the same.
My worst nights will be a little over 3.0 AHI, best nights well under 1.0 AHI. Most around 1.5-2.0.
I'm definitely getting good therapy, just want to make sure I'm maximizing since it's a PITA to wear it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 08:20 AM)Tampa Jim Wrote: Just happens that 8.5 is exactly what I've did last night ... no changes to my FLEX setting at this point.
Numbers were basically in range with previous results, nothing dramatic - good there. AHI of 1.4.
Will leave it alone for at least a few days and watch the progression, nights are never exactly the same.
My worst nights will be a little over 3.0 AHI, best nights well under 1.0 AHI. Most around 1.5-2.0.
I'm definitely getting good therapy, just want to make sure I'm maximizing since it's a PITA to wear it.

Tampa Jim,

Glad to hear it's going well and that you're dialing in your settings. I appreciate reading other people's journeys as I learn much. Fred thanks as always!

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 318 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New user - Tired despite improvements with CPAP GuyIncognito 11 729 01-15-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Settings Improvements Requested bcurtiswx 4 428 02-17-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Melman
  [Treatment] CPAP going well, but looking for advice on further improvements dohminus 0 553 12-26-2022, 08:08 PM
Last Post: dohminus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.