Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Summer Heat
Summer Heat
I live in southern NM and we use evaporative cooling so during our summer monsoon season, during high humidity, they don't work as well. I've noticed for the last several weeks that perspiration and skin oils builds up under my mask seal and I develop mask leaks. This causes two problems. First the mask leaks making noise which interrupts my sleep patterns by waking me up so I can reseal the mask and second those air leaks cause my AHI values to increase. It was cooler last night and things seemed to be better. Just sharing in case others are having similar weather related issues.

This is still a great place to learn and share experiences!

Have a wonderful day,

Jim

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Summer Heat
I've been having one heck of a time with leaks lately. I got a news mask just prior to going out of town so I took that one. When I returned, I continued using it. But it's never fit right. No clue why. I've compared them side by side and made sure I had the adjustments the same (the Breeze has a lot of places to adjust which is good and bad) but it still leaks. It is driving me nuts.

I wish it were weather related but it's gotten cool here and it is still happening.

Never ending fun, ain't it?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2012, 01:26 PM)312capri Wrote: I live in southern NM and we use evaporative cooling so during our summer monsoon season, during high humidity, they don't work as well. I've noticed for the last several weeks that perspiration and skin oils builds up under my mask seal and I develop mask leaks. This causes two problems. First the mask leaks making noise which interrupts my sleep patterns by waking me up so I can reseal the mask and second those air leaks cause my AHI values to increase. It was cooler last night and things seemed to be better. Just sharing in case others are having similar weather related issues.

This is still a great place to learn and share experiences!

Have a wonderful day,

Jim

We are getting the same with these storms coming up from Mexico. They've been hanging over the mountains and driving the humidity through the roof! This morning it rained for about 2 minutes, then in the midmorning the sun came through nice and hot. Miserable! I've been having leaks during this as well but it should be over with soon. Sept is almost here so another week or two and we should be back to our beautiful weather! By the way, we use air conditioning, and for some reason I am STILL having the leaks! So I think it is just the weather and not your swamp cooler that is doing it! Just a thought!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try turn the humidity off but put water in the tank (passover) so you get some moisture but not heat. In hot weather I kept a wet flannel at the bedside table to wipe my face when get sweaty. Some people reported that a mask liner can absorb some of the moisture.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 371 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  eson2 mask and heat tubing kerm007 2 403 10-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: kerm007
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  humidity control-summer vs winter cberistain 7 904 08-05-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: djont57
  humidity control - summer vs winter cberistain 2 802 06-02-2022, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Can cpap hose/tube be heat disinfected Barefooter64 5 737 08-12-2021, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.