Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Summer is coming, Temps are rising
RE: Summer is coming, Temps are rising
Little confused side sleeper.  I understand to turn temperature setting to off. How do you turn off the heated hose control?  I don’t see this option.
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be two settings. One says humidifier the other says temperature. The temperature is the heated hose. Just rotate the knob until it reads off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks WallaWalla
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also use powder. Unscented works best. Something like Anti-Monkey Butt powder (yes, it is a thing). It will help cool and keep the sweat down. Check out the men's section for powders to see what they have. Unscented is best because it will be right there in your face. You don't want anything fancy, just something to help keep it cool.

Another is to wet it each night, wring it out, and let it cool you like a wet bandana does. Get several collars so you can let them dry completely between use.

Silk is also cooling and protects the skin. You can try a bit of that between you and the collar. It can also keep you warm so it might not work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What is passover humidificatio?
Post Reply Post Reply
Passover humidification is when air passes over the water and both are at the ambient temperature.  No heat is applied to either the air or water.  It's akin to placing a bowl of water in front of a fan.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is when you put parsley in the water.

Juuuust kidding. It is what Crimson says.

It is what I do most of the time.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The first time I heard the term, I thought it might have some religious significance. .  . Kind'a like the first time I heard the name, "Faith Hill".  What do I know, I'm a redneck! Big Grin

- Res
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Living in Southern AZ we have already hit the 90s. We keep the house at 80 during the day - main pitched roof of the house faces due west and we get one heck of a heat load and have been told there is no real cost effective way to reduce it (other than installing gigantic mirrors on the roof.) Once the sun goes down we drop the house to 78 and then 76 around midnight until the morning. We use ceiling fans and my wife likes to run a regular floor fan in the master bedroom. 

On my machine I use passover humidify (set to 0) year round and that works fine for me with my FFM. Once in a great while I will turn it up to 1. Have a standard hose with a cover (to keep the cats from punching holes in the tube). 

My office is the furthest point from the A/C unit and is also the coldest room in the house. I've talked to the AC guys and airflow for the room is just a little bit higher than the rest of the house. I can live with that between the computers and the TV.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,200 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 984 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 689 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  6+ of CPAP, but symptoms are coming back for some reason terrytorres 7 635 09-22-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Are my symptoms even coming from sleep apnea? OSCAR attached apmea 8 864 08-23-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  CA rising - help SFLGuy 3 470 06-18-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: SFLGuy
  Does anyone know of new cpap masks coming out this year? Jimnyc2000 9 1,051 06-08-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.