Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Super weird decongestion trick
Super weird decongestion trick
Hi guys hope you're all safe from the virus. There is this really weird trick that I read about probably on a reddit thread or somewhere similar. It is basically a really good way to clear up your sinuses. So this is how you do it:

Step 1: Hold your breathe and absolutely SMASH your tongue to the roof of your mouth as hard as you can. Make sure you get the root of the tongue as well which is that really far back part. You will know you are lifting the root of the tongue when you see something in your throat moving up. This is your hyoid I believe. 

Step 2: While doing step one press the little lip that sticks out that is between your eyebrows. It should be just above where you would grow a unibrow. Press your tongue on the roof very firmly as well as this little spot very firmly. 

After following these steps you should feel mucus fall down the back of your throat, you basically swallow that and you're all done! Let me know if this helped you guys out! 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Super weird decongestion trick
whoa, I'm the last person to believe these things but something happened. This should be pinned.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly it blew my mind as well lol, glad it helped you man!
Post Reply Post Reply
Skeptical.. but will definitely try it next time I'm congested.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I have a headache.
Post Reply Post Reply
... instructions unclear, finger stuck in ear  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2020, 10:56 PM)ZPrime Wrote: ... instructions unclear, finger stuck in ear  Too-funny

Oh-jeez
Laugh-a-lot
Dielaughing
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been doing this since i was a kid. Works great with a cold.
Community is people helping each other overcome some adversity. Sometimes it's a hurricane, other times it's a monopolist industry that benefits from keeping people in the dark about their own medical data or scaring them into thinking they aren't capable of managing their own treatment. Thankfully people will always develop community no mater what the adversity is. 
Post Reply Post Reply
But .... but ..... I  don't have a lip under my unibrow Huh
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2020, 11:50 PM)Sleepgains Wrote:
Hi guys hope you're all safe from the virus. There is this really weird trick that I read about probably on a reddit thread or somewhere similar. It is basically a really good way to clear up your sinuses. So this is how you do it:

Step 1: Hold your breathe and absolutely SMASH your tongue to the roof of your mouth as hard as you can. Make sure you get the root of the tongue as well which is that really far back part. You will know you are lifting the root of the tongue when you see something in your throat moving up. This is your hyoid I believe. 

Step 2: While doing step one press the little lip that sticks out that is between your eyebrows. It should be just above where you would grow a unibrow. Press your tongue on the roof very firmly as well as this little spot very firmly. 

After following these steps you should feel mucus fall down the back of your throat, you basically swallow that and you're all done! Let me know if this helped you guys out! 

I understand where the spot is between my eyebrows, where some cultures paint red, but the lip of the eyebrow as it intersects the nose is lower, so I'm just not following? Is there a video or diagram for us more challenged members?   I've tried this a couple of times with my allergist and it's not working. But my wife is commenting on my red marks, so I think I have the pressure part down well, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 47 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 196 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,672 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 294 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 289 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 29 2,597 02-05-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Weird breathing flow Rich66 1 299 01-09-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.