Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supplemental Oxygen
After the tech that gave me a Pulmonary Function test being amazed that I didn't need oxygen to go up stairs etc. (I told her I also walk 3.5 miles in local park, do Aikido and Tai Chi without oxygen.) I learned "abdominal" or diaphramatic breathing several years ago, and it has become a habit..when I am awake. My SpO2 during awake time is 96-98%, BUT at night, when I go to sleep, it drops, sometimes to <80%, causing hypopnea, and waking me up. My average nighttime SpO2 is ~90%. So, I got an oxygen concentrator, and tried it last night wearing my recording SpO2 monitor. No drops below 87% and average SpO2 of 93.5%, flow of 1 l/hr, 90% oxygen, along with CPAP. So I guess it helped. No headache this morning either. Wink
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear! I hope to read more success stories from you.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jsielke,
It’s great to hear that this is working for you.
Let us know of your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Yeah my numbers are very similar with the supplemental O2

It's worth it if you need it!!

Keep up the good work
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone start on CPAP and then add oxygen...? S.L. Ping Beauty 8 83 Yesterday, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
Question Help. Old CPAP user coming back, Oxygen needed? mogulman 2 140 08-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Oxygen Concentrator changed everything! methodicalfool 22 748 08-14-2017, 01:01 AM
Last Post: CR Mc
Question [Equipment] Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto BIPAP Oxygen Bleed In Issues mshelgamble 10 289 08-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: mshelgamble
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 50 10,942 07-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [Equipment] My Oxygen Concentrator May May Have Died justMongo 8 303 07-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Oxygen Level and Dr's Comments harmon k 20 1,464 05-29-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: srlevine1