Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Treatment in Canada
RE: Treatment in Canada
Sleeprider and Gideon.  Thanks to you both.
This is a route that I've been considering.  My son has an ASV supported by Oscar (though there seem to be some issues there). 
I think this might be the best solution. 

One problem is that for the past year, my son has been suffering from a weird reaction to a prescription drug, and the anguish, despair, depression, and horrendous physical and mental effects have made it nearly impossible to live day to day, let alone take any kind of proactive steps to resolve the UARS issue.

If he can get over the latest wave of that, then I think we'll begin dealing with the problem with the help of people on this forum.

I know most of you here are past the shock I feel that such an approach is common and necessary.  Can you imagine if patients commonly dealt with heart problems in this way? 

Thank you again for your info and support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, the machine is an ASV.

Philips Respironics Bipap Auto SV Advanced System 1
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I vaguely recall Sunnybrook Hospital as having a good sleep lab. And I could have misremembered?? But if you're planning on contacting places they might be a good place to start. BTW Sunnybrook is in Toronto on Bayview Ave.

My sleep clinic was above a mall. Basically bare bones. For me it didn't matter because I am pretty straightforward in my apnea.

The colleges teach the sleep apnea techs, so they might be a good resource for sleep clinics because they probably get involved with placement of the students.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
O, I forgot to mention....did you know about the Phillips recall?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sunnyvale - thanks for that.

And yes, regarding your other question ; I know about the recall. Coincidentally I JUST registered his machine this evening. It's been such a hell of a year that I even found it hard to get around to doing that.

Appreciate the help! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips Respironics System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto SV (REF#961HS) is a relatively old model machine. If you get a chance to load the SD card (assuming there is one in the back) into Oscar, we can look at the settings and any results. Assuming he needs this machine for central apnea, it is probably due for replacement. Preference would be the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, as Philips still has not released a Dreamstation 2 SV, and the Dreamstation 1 SV is under recall as well. Anyway, it would be nice to be able to help you with useful interpretation of the therapy by looking at the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This site lets you search your area for a sleep doctor.  Although it is not a Canadian site, I tested it, and it works for Canadian locations!

Link ===> https://www.ratemds.com/best-doctors/nb/...disorders/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 47 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 119 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,008 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 580 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.