Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supplier Does Not Have CPAP Units to Dispense
RE: Supplier Does Not Have CPAP Units to Dispense
If I may suggest, I would be in contact with the DME's office to make certain what machine they plan on sending out. There's an opening for problems without being told what exactly they're sending. It could be a different brand than ResMed, and it could be a different level machine than necessary.

Again this isn't a hate issue, but there's cases recently of the DME's supplying cheaper Chinese made PAP machines that aren't up to therapy standards.

The other issue, a standard static pressure CPAP or Elite model might be sent when a ResMed AutoSet is better, or otherwise substituting machines, trying to just get a machine out but with no concern whether it's actually the right machine.

Do yourself a favor, suggest to your cousin to get the details of the PAP being sent, and to be aware not all DME's are honest.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 07:08 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I would like to advise you to be careful about the word "hate" within your post's context. We don't hate Respironics, nor do we hate Respironics users. There is, however, a decisive and informed choice for ResMed over Philips Respironics products, as the ResMed offers better therapy for most users. This better therapy has been proven by several Apnea Board members in their therapy threads with OSCAR charts to support it.

Back to the word of choice "hate". I'm not trying to make this some political game. But the current ploy of many liberal leaning citizens is to use the word hate when others oppose their choice. If I say ResMed is a better choice but you like Respironics, then frequently these days it becomes I hate you, your choice, or what you chose. That is certainly not the case here. I am not inferring you're liberal, but merely caught up in the trend as discussed above.

This above is my own comments alone, not necessarily pertaining to anyone else's on Apnea Board.

Now to maintain keeping this on topic, a lot of CPAP users do not agree with Respironics encryption of their own patient data. And I would be included in that group. I won't choose to use a Respironics, but I think it's a very badly conceived idea to lock the data away so the patient cannot view his or her usage data.

Trust me I'm no liberal  Dielaughing However I feel the DS2 is unnecessarily maligned here.  Yes if you need detailed data it's an issue.  Other than that it works very well, I LOVE the small diameter tubing and my AHI's are at least as good if not better than the Resmed 10 Autoset.  Also my insurance pays for all supplies which would not happen if I used the Resmed which I obtained outside insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm perfectly fine with personal choice. I only suggest ResMed due to higher success rate with users.

Not a liberal, we'll get along fine after all. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2021, 06:58 PM)speed3914 Wrote: ...and my AHI's are at least as good if not better than the Resmed 10 Autoset...

Well, maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Without seeing your flow rate curve you have no way of knowing if the reported AHI number is correct. (Of course the flow rate curve could be faked, too, but that's a lot harder than "pick a random number and display it on the screen.")

It looks very likely to me that PR kept the foam problems secret for some period of time so that they could build up inventory of the DS2 before they announced the recall. That would have put a huge bet-the-company deadline on the DS2 engineers to get the machine finished and all of the bugs eliminated in time.

Maybe they finished in time.

Maybe they didn't.

It's a lot harder to tell without the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2021, 01:09 AM)cathyf Wrote: Well, maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Without seeing your flow rate curve you have no way of knowing if the reported AHI number is correct. (Of course the flow rate curve could be faked, too, but that's a lot harder than "pick a random number and display it on the screen.")

It looks very likely to me that PR kept the foam problems secret for some period of time so that they could build up inventory of the DS2 before they announced the recall. That would have put a huge bet-the-company deadline on the DS2 engineers to get the machine finished and all of the bugs eliminated in time.

Maybe they finished in time.

Maybe they didn't.

It's a lot harder to tell without the data.

Probably have all the data locked away at Area 51 Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow up on my cousin:

She sees the same doctor that I see and trust.   He found a local supplier to get  CPAP for her.  (and not from his affiliated supplier)
She called yesterday.  She has a Resmed!  But she is struggling to adapt to the mask and sleeping attached to the 'machine'.  Her numbers are improving and she is still not sleeping as well as she would like, but the doc and DME supplier are working with her.  This is much better than when I started CPAP during the pandemic with my scary original doc.  I have told her to "hang in there" and have suggested she visit this board or even join.  Again, thank you all for your suggestions and input.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 11:45 AM)Aldebaran Wrote: I was diagnosed last week and my wait for a machine is 6-8 weeks long, I was told. I went out and purchased a travel-sized CPAP, a ResMed AirMini in the meantime so I could start therapy as soon as possible. I intend to switch over once the insurance-paid machine arrives and keep the AirMini for travel.

Just an update on my wait for my Insurance-covered APAP. I finally got an email yesterday (3/23/22) telling me that my machine has shipped. The time frame from being diagnosed, signing the contract, to delivery is as follows:

1) 10/1/21 - Sleep study done 
2) 11/1/21 - signed contract with DME
3) 3/23/22 - APAP shipped.

Almost a 5 month (20-week) wait from signing the agreement with the DME to the shipment of the device.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 168 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 545 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Resmed A10 Autoset - Great Buy - Supplier 1 foss 0 515 11-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Last Post: foss
  Insurance and DME supplier vs Online purchases ajthatch 4 829 10-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Cpap supplier jerking your chain ger365 10 1,346 06-21-2022, 10:01 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Supplier no. 9? And Resmed hose question TheManseHen 5 931 04-22-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: SilverD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.