Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supplier Keeping (And Selling?) Extra Nasal Pillows
Supplier Keeping (And Selling?) Extra Nasal Pillows
Hello guys:

I'm new to board but I have been undergoing successful CPAP therapy for nearly five years. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I've never had a problem and it worked for me from the first day.

I have the ResMed S9 and now use the new P10 pillow mask. Before that I used the swift LT. I use the Medium size pillows and can use Large in a pinch. The problem I have is that when my supplier sells me a new mask he asks what size pillow I use and when I tell him he promptly removes the other two. I assume he sells them. Should he be doing this?

Also when I buy a filter he always gives me a crappy generic. I would much prefer to use OEM but he says he can't get them. I'm getting a little tired of this. What do you say?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Supplier Keeping (And Selling?) Extra Nasal Pillows
Hi LFJ219,
WELCOME! to the forum.! It's great to hear that you are having such good success with CPAP therapy.
I have heard of DMEs taking the extra pillows out of the mask kit, but you are supposed to get at least three (3) different sizes of pillows and they should be able to get the name brand filters if that's what you want, sounds like a change in DME is in order if you can swing it..
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
They take mine as well, last time I made the guy leave all of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 07:40 PM)LFJ219 Wrote: Hello guys:

I'm new to board but I have been undergoing successful CPAP therapy for nearly five years. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I've never had a problem and it worked for me from the first day.

I have the ResMed S9 and now use the new P10 pillow mask. Before that I used the swift LT. I use the Medium size pillows and can use Large in a pinch. The problem I have is that when my supplier sells me a new mask he asks what size pillow I use and when I tell him he promptly removes the other two. I assume he sells them. Should he be doing this?

Also when I buy a filter he always gives me a crappy generic. I would much prefer to use OEM but he says he can't get them. I'm getting a little tired of this. What do you say?

Apparently this is a favorite thing of the DME's. In the future I'd suggest you order your masks from one of the online suppliers. We have quite a list of them for you in this forum. Or if you order from these guys again, specify you want the mask new and untampered with just as it came from Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your input. There is a ton of good information here. I can't believe I haven't come across you before. I have never had many problems with my equipment or therapy so I haven't had a need to search the internet much for info.
Post Reply Post Reply
i wonder what the insurance company would say about that practice..hmm
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I complained about the cheapo no-name filters they were giving me.
Same old excuse. So, I considered my options:
1) beat them senseless.
2) Buy name brand from an online supplier.

They lucked out -- I chose option 2.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Frankly, I think the beatings (verbal, written, and legal) may be necessary to reform the bad actors in this area. They are making too much money the way things are. I think some of us could help this situation by reporting some of the unethical and possible illegal things that are being done to the people that are supposed to be benefiting from this service.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When I got my Swift FX the first time I had three different sized pillows in the package with the headgear. I still have the sizes I don't need. Since then, when I go to get new pillows, they go in their store room and just bring out packaged pillows to me. I thought perhaps they came packaged separately as well as packaged with the full mask headgear when you need the complete set. Will be interesting to see what happens when I get a new mask next month. Doesn't seem like they should be able to open the mask's packaging to remove other sizes ...we (or our insurance) are essentially paying for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have insurance, report the missing pillows to the insurance company.

Not all DME's are the same. Some will provide only specific pieces of equipment, claiming that if you want something else you'll have to pay extra. Switch to a different DME. Call doctors in your area who are certified in sleep medicine and ask them which DME they recommend to their patients.

If you know what you want, and you can get it cheaper online, then go that route.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 136 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 252 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 348 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,424 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 467 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.