Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello All!
Hello All!
Was wandering around the net and found this board. I am finding great info here, as well as realizing that I seem to be missing out on things I should be having done. I moved about two years ago and transferred PCM's. No one is checking my machine info, I have no cardiologist, pulmonologist, etc. I have cpap hangover all the time. All these things that people are discussing on here about pressure, oxygen levels, etc., I've never discussed with my PCM. I think I've fallen through a crack...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello All!
(05-09-2015, 04:05 AM)tegwa Wrote: All these things that people are discussing on here about pressure, oxygen levels, etc., I've never discussed with my PCM. I think I've fallen through a crack...

No, I don't think you've fallen through a crack. I think that's pretty standard.

I think that's the way the systems is designed to work and it is not in the best interests of an informed and involved patient. Some folks in the establishment want it kept that way. And most folks, unfortunately, stop with what they get told by the establishment, which is "Here's a machine. Put on the mask and run the machine four hours a night so I can get paid for it." And maybe the patient is lucky and gets good results and maybe they don't.

Congratulations on wanting to be more involved and getting the most out of the therapy. I think involved and knowledgeable patients working with dedicated practitioners can greatly multiply the benefits of the therapy.

You may want to do a little investigating on your machine (specific model) and how it is set up - what humidification and pressures - what mask you got - and put that data in the profile if you are comfortable sharing that. It makes it a lot easier for folks on the list to share insights if you have specific questions or concerns from time to time. It says you are running a Resmed machine. If you tell us what it says on the top of the machine (S-8, S-9, Airsense 10, Escape, Elite, AutoSet, etc.), somebody on the list will help figure out what you have and what features it offers that you can use to better manage things. Also, once you know the model, then you can get the clinician's manual that can help you find all kinds of things about your machine like how to change settings, comfort features, or pressures if needed.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tegwa,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you want to know more about your therapy.
Which machine do you have, where is your pressure set?
Much success to you as you continue and learn more about your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tegwa, welcome to Apnea Board.

Ohmymy has given you some very good advice. Learn to understand and manage your treatment and it will be much more effective. And remember .. We're all here to help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board! You found a great forum here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome.
Only here a month myself and in therapy for 11 days. Great people here and will help you take control of your therapy if that is what you want. And you do want that!
It is hard to think when you are suffering but if you take an active role in managing your therapy you may do so much better. If not you then who?
I wish you well Smile
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.