Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supply coverage by Medicare
RE: Supply coverage by Medicare
Apologies in advance, but I can't resist...

"Told ya so".   Cool
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2017, 10:08 AM)old82 Wrote: I took your advice and essentially turned my machine into a brick by turning off most of the automatic features and going to a straight CPAP pressure with no EPR or RAMP or AUTOSET and had a pretty good night!

Not a brick because you get all of the same data you get in auto mode. A brick leaves you guessing because it doesn't report your progress.

Quote:I did get a little extra sleep without the machine and mask on after the 4am wake up and overall I felt More rested than usual.

If you sleep without the machine you undo the advantages and benefits gained by sleeping with the machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We always recommend an auto machine (the ResMed Autoset you have) for everyone because of its flexibility. There are those that only require a straight CPAP and cannot handle the pressure fluctuation of the Auto machine, but the auto machine can handle that too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2017, 10:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Apologies in advance, but I can't resist...

"Told ya so".   Cool

Sleeprider...never apologize for giving someone good advice.  I didn't know what I didn't know and you did and I'm always open to advice from those who have been there/done that.

For Sleepster ...I didn't mean to label my machine as a REAL brick by not using all of its features . I understand that a real BRICK machine wouldn't have the detailed post sleep data available as my machine does.
As for cheating trying to grab a couple of hours of sleep without the mask on...can't help myself because I'm so sleep deprived. Thanks for your input.
Old82
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2017, 11:42 AM)old82 Wrote: As for cheating trying to grab a couple of hours of sleep without the mask on...can't help myself because I'm so sleep deprived. Thanks for your input.

Breaking yourself of that practice increases the chances of eliminating or at least reducing that sleep-deprived feeling.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2017, 06:24 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 11:42 AM)old82 Wrote: As for cheating trying to grab a couple of hours of sleep without the mask on...can't help myself because I'm so sleep deprived. Thanks for your input.

Breaking yourself of that practice increases the chances of eliminating or at least reducing that sleep-deprived feeling.

Roger that Sleepster.  It's hard but I'm learning Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 155 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 251 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 672 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 384 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 964 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.