Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Supposed to get S9 Elite, got S9 VPAP Adapt, Help with settings
RE: Supposed to get S9 Elite, got S9 VPAP Adapt, Help with settings
Your numbers sound great! Congratulations!
I am waiting verrrry patiently for my new ASV machine.
I expect it this week.
I hope my experience is as good as yours.

Knowing what I know now I might have offered to just pay out of pocket the price of the Elite and be sure I could keep the adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott.....You are soooo lucky to have gotten that machine by accident!!! IMHO everyone should have it. The difference in treatment is remarkable to say the least. I sure hope they let you keep it!

The best of luck to you!

LOVEDOG
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure that the DME didn't provide you with an S9 VPAP AUTO instead of a VPAP Adapt????

The Adapt is the $$$$ ASV machine prescribed for treating central sleep apnea. And most DMEs don't have Adapts just lying around in storage. When a patient comes in with a prescription for an Adapt, they typically have to order one from Resmed. The VPAP Auto is just Resmed's version of a bi-level machine. In other words, the VPAP Auto is the equivalent of the System One BiPAP. A nice machine to be sure and it still costs about twice as much as the S9 Elite does. The VPAP Auto is also a lot more common than the VPAP Adapt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope it works out for you Scott and you keep the machine...Sure would be nice for the good guys to win for once..
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 12:31 PM)robysue Wrote: Are you sure that the DME didn't provide you with an S9 VPAP AUTO instead of a VPAP Adapt????

The Adapt is the $$$$ ASV machine prescribed for treating central sleep apnea. And most DMEs don't have Adapts just lying around in storage. When a patient comes in with a prescription for an Adapt, they typically have to order one from Resmed. The VPAP Auto is just Resmed's version of a bi-level machine. In other words, the VPAP Auto is the equivalent of the System One BiPAP. A nice machine to be sure and it still costs about twice as much as the S9 Elite does. The VPAP Auto is also a lot more common than the VPAP Adapt.

Yes, completely positive I got the Adapt, and not the AutoSet or VPAP Auto. Tech said they didn't have any AutoSets in stock, so he pulled this off the shelf and set it to straight CPAP mode. He didn't seem too bright to me, so maybe he doesn't understand what it is worth.

I tried sleeping with the ramp off last night and everytime I started dozing off and my breathing got a little shallow the machine would up the pressure. Put up with that for about 10 minutes and gave up and turned the ramp back on and fell right to sleep. Guess the pressure changes don't bother me while sleeping, but I definitely don't like it trying to fall asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
That feeling may change with time. After all the years, now I dislike any kind of 'ramp' setting. Do what makes you comfortable for sure, and it sounds like a real win for you - I'd happily pay the shipping to trade you machines, heck, I'd even drop-ship you a new S9 VPAP Autoset to trade Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 314 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 270 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.