Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sure has been a mild winter in the U.S.
Question 
Man, this winter sure has been pretty mild here in my part of the U.S. (midwest area).

I think we've had a total of about 3 snow storms with more than 1 inch of snow for the entire season thus far... we normally get 5 times that number of heavy snow storms by now (end of February). That's just unheard of. The temps really haven't gone down as low as they usually go, either.

Wondering about your area? Any other areas of the U.S. like this? How about our members in other countries?

Strange weather around these parts. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a fantastic winter here in Ontario Canada. Snow occasionally (4 times I think) and gone within a couple of days, most days all you need is a sweatshirt.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2012, 10:53 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: It has been a fantastic winter here in Ontario Canada. Snow occasionally (4 times I think) and gone within a couple of days, most days all you need is a sweatshirt.

Yep, same here. We supplement our natural gas heat with a wood stove during the winter... I get free wood and spit the wood the old fashioned way (exercise 'ya know)... anyway I can't really fire up the wood stove until it gets down below 25 degrees F, otherwise it just gets way too hot in the house. So far this winter, we've only had maybe 15 nights of heating by wood... when usually, we're having a fire at least 5 nights a week in a normal winter.

Makes me wonder how hot this summer might get. Nervous
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

A mild winter.
This kid doesn't think so !

[attachment=17]
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
Shhhhhhh! Knock on wood and be grateful! Could well be our winters are just gonna be hitting later and our springs and summers be arriving later.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would have preferred a more normal winter instead of the tornadoes that have sprung up this winter! Angry
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-03-2012, 06:08 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: I would have preferred a more normal winter instead of the tornadoes that have sprung up this winter! Angry

Yep, a lot of damage and loss of life around these parts lately. Sad

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120303...dyStar.com
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Summer in Australia has been quite mild too. Some in the media have been saying that we have not had a summer at all.

Maybe those Europeans have stolen your winter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 05:41 AM)RichardC Wrote: Maybe those Europeans have stolen your winter.

If they stole it, they can keep it. Too-funny

Welcome to the forum, Richard!

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Sorry but its been one of the mildest winters on record here in the uk, already there is a shortage of water in England and hosepipe bans are just comming into force. Up here in Scotland we've had no snow this year in some parts. At the start of winter last August September I bought a bigger snow shovel and sledge, never had them out once. Very Strange..Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Winter Bompa 15 4,124 03-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Bompa