Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sure has been a mild winter in the U.S.
(02-25-2012, 10:53 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: It has been a fantastic winter here in Ontario Canada. Snow occasionally (4 times I think) and gone within a couple of days, most days all you need is a sweatshirt.

I haven't even touched my snow shovel. :-) Every time it's snowed the forecast a day or too later has been warm enough to get rid of it.

Post Reply Post Reply
everything is all greened up and we've cut the grass already. in 12 years in mobile i've seen snow flurries twice. i haven't seen real snow and ice since 1990. but i still remember. i grew up in the frozen north of northern minnesota. if i ever went back i don't think i'd still have the nerve for bumper to bumper at 70mph on ice and snow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2012, 07:21 PM)Gazby Wrote: Sorry but its been one of the mildest winters on record here in the uk, already there is a shortage of water in England and hosepipe bans are just comming into force. Up here in Scotland we've had no snow this year in some parts. At the start of winter last August September I bought a bigger snow shovel and sledge, never had them out once. Very Strange..Thinking-about

We bought a snow blower two years ago and I have used it once... total!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Yeah, we've had nothing here. Only seen the mountains dipped in white maybe three times all season. We have gone through less than 3 tons of pellets (we heat with a pellet wood stove) when usually we go through nearly twice that.

And I'm also worried about the heat this summer. Need to invest in some more fans I think. Might even be time to hire an electrician to run a new line so I can put an AC in the bedroom so I can sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
hope it results in a mild summer....
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2012, 09:28 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Man, this winter sure has been pretty mild here in my part of the U.S. (midwest area).

I think we've had a total of about 3 snow storms with more than 1 inch of snow for the entire season thus far... we normally get 5 times that number of heavy snow storms by now (end of February). That's just unheard of. The temps really haven't gone down as low as they usually go, either.

Wondering about your area? Any other areas of the U.S. like this? How about our members in other countries?

Strange weather around these parts. Thinking-about

It is called Global Warming, which is the first stage of the Climate Catastrophe. Methane is now escaping at high rates from the tundra and Arctic ocean, thus accelerating global warming. We have less than five years now before the runaway change begins by the best estimates.

Strange weather indeed.

Netskier
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply

For the Midwest the National Weather Service has predicted warmer than average temperatures for the next 90 days. They don't usually make statements like that.

Our local grocery store was selling snow shovels at a deeply discounted price. One of the shoppers had one in her basket and I asked to use it to grab the cottage cheese that was in the back on the very bottom shelf of the cooler. I couldn't reach back that far. She made the comment that it is probably the only time that the shovel will be used if we have another winter like this last one. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
I think springs on its way, went fishing today and was greeted by a great warm and sunny day, even the frogs were enjoying the warmth

[img][Image: DSCF0540.jpg][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 10:25 AM)iSnooze Wrote: For the Midwest the National Weather Service has predicted warmer than average temperatures for the next 90 days. They don't usually make statements like that.

Our local grocery store was selling snow shovels at a deeply discounted price. One of the shoppers had one in her basket and I asked to use it to grab the cottage cheese that was in the back on the very bottom shelf of the cooler. I couldn't reach back that far. She made the comment that it is probably the only time that the shovel will be used if we have another winter like this last one. :grin:

Do you know about Dutch Sinse? He is a young man near St. Louis who has the most interesting information on the Internet regarding strange weather.

Start with his blog to learn about the weather. He has the best graphics on the weather that I have ever seen. http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/

First explore the main page that comes up. After you finish reading the main page, explore some of the categories listed in the right hand column, such as "extreme weather", "weather modification", etc.

Pay special attention to any entries about "Chemtrails" and "HAARP" because they pertain to weather modification, weather weaponization, tectonic warfare, and even more exotic forms of warfare, all of which can be discerned from the weather maps.

Don't forget his YouTube channel either: http://www.youtube.com/user/dutchsinse/feed.

Enjoy your journey through the Looking Glass.

Netskier
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply

Just don't forget that water vapour is the most significant factor in "global warming" not carbon dioxide and the last volcanic eruption generated more emmissions than the entire effect that mankind has made in it's entire existance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Winter Bompa 15 3,968 03-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Bompa