Sure has been a mild winter in the U.S.
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

RE: Sure has been a mild winter in the U.S.
I don't know whether Global warming is what everyone claims it to be, and perhaps it is just a natural aberration in weather patterns (there certainly have been a lot of them throughout history)....

But I'm pretty convinced that something is going on with the "chemtrails"... my wife and I have noticed this in the NW Indiana area (near Chicago)... there are some jets up there doing deliberate spraying of something... as to what it is, I have no clue, but being somewhat knowledgeable concerning aviation, I know this is not normal "contrails" which are simple ice crystals formed by exhaust from jet engines... those dissipate rather quickly.

These "chemtrails" or whatever they are never dissipate... they spread out over the entire sky and create a milky-white overcast sky within an hour or two.

We've sat and watched with binoculars the same 2-3 jets criss-cross the sky above us several times, pumping out the milky-white substance, then turn around and do it all again. Lately, they seem to start off around here by making an "X" in the sky as a starting point, then the other jets use that mark as a reference point as they criss-cross the sky. At other times, it's done as numerous parallel trails of stuff, perhaps as many as 20 or so trails that join together over time and create overcast skies.

Don't know what they're up to... but it's not simple jet contrails, that I know.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-18-2012 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Netskier Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset, Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask, Slimline tube.
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H5i, but not being used.
CPAP Pressure: 6-13 cm H20; Ramp OFF.

Other Comments: Currently studying Reversal of Aging.

Location: Los Angeles South Bay, about 20 min South of Downtown LA.

(03-18-2012 05:02 PM)oldteddybear Wrote:  Just don't forget that water vapour is the most significant factor in "global warming" not carbon dioxide and the last volcanic eruption generated more emmissions than the entire effect that mankind has made in it's entire existance.

I freely stipulate that the Earth's variability dwarfs mankind's emissions, but my point is that mankind is now adding, mostly unnecessarily, more emissions that are aggravating the problem. It is as if we are in a rainstorm, and we refuse to put up our umbrella because we don't believe our umbrella would make a difference.

All of the gases, including water vapor, are insulators, and therefore contribute to global warming. The more gases we add to the atmosphere the more we increase global warming. It is the same as putting on more insulating clothes --- they capture heat and make you warmer. Just Google for "insulating properties of gases" to find the relative insulating strengths of the common gases. The first ref found was http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thermal-conductivity-d_429.html. Here are some values, expressed as thermal conductances, which are the reciprocals of insulation. Insulation is like electrical resistance measured in ohms, and electrical conductance is the reciprocal of resistance, and is measured in mho (ohm spelled backward, cute eh?).

Nitrogen = 0.024

Oxygen = 0.024

CO2 = 0.0146

Water vapor = 0.016

So, we can see that both Nitrogen and Oxygen conduct heat better than CO2 (0.0146) and Water Vapor (0.016), the latter two being almost identical. Note that the first two are about 1.5 times as thermally conductive as the latter two. And, from the viewpoint of thermal insulativity, the latter two are both 1.5 times better insulators than the first two.

Oxygen and nitrogen compose about 20 and 80 percent of the atmosphere, and both contribute to global warming. CO2 is now about 390 parts per million, or 0.39 %, but CO2 is a better insulator than those others. And we are adding it, mostly unnecessarily, to the atmosphere, thus we are accelerating global warming.

There is no doubt that we are adding lots of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, thus increasing its insulating abilities, thus increasing global warming.

Water vapor is a huge component, but it is mostly fixed, since the quantity of water on earth is constant. It will increase however as the polar ice melts, and more liquid water becomes available to form water vapor. Plus, increasing temperature will put more water vapor into the air, thus increasing the insulating effect of the atmosphere. This is positive feedback, and could lead to runaway global warming, and climate catastrophe.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
03-18-2012 07:03 PM
Netskier Offline

Members

Mask Make & Model:

(03-18-2012 05:43 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I don't know whether Global warming is what everyone claims it to be, and perhaps it is just a natural aberration in weather patterns (there certainly have been a lot of them throughout history)....

But I'm pretty convinced that something is going on with the "chemtrails"... my wife and I have noticed this in the NW Indiana area (near Chicago)... there are some jets up there doing deliberate spraying of something... as to what it is, I have no clue, but being somewhat knowledgeable concerning aviation, I know this is not normal "contrails" which are simple ice crystals formed by exhaust from jet engines... those dissipate rather quickly.

These "chemtrails" or whatever they are never dissipate... they spread out over the entire sky and create a milky-white overcast sky within an hour or two.

We've sat and watched with binoculars the same 2-3 jets criss-cross the sky above us several times, pumping out the milky-white substance, then turn around and do it all again. Lately, they seem to start off around here by making an "X" in the sky as a starting point, then the other jets use that mark as a reference point as they criss-cross the sky. At other times, it's done as numerous parallel trails of stuff, perhaps as many as 20 or so trails that join together over time and create overcast skies.

Don't know what they're up to... but it's not simple jet contrails, that I know.

I highly recommend you watch the documentary "What in the world are they spraying", made by Michael Murphy, a personal friend of mine here somewhere in the LA area. Here's a link to a Youtube version: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/what-in-the-world-are-they-spraying/.

You can google for this title to find free downloads. He gave me about 50 of them to handout, so I could post it here if you like, plus I could put people in touch with him, or have him join the forum.

Here's a link to LA Skywatch: http://losangelesskywatch.org/ with a bunch of short videos.

03-18-2012 07:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Jenny Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: none
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: Somnodent dental appliance

Sex: Female

It was 80 today and I've been wearing shorts and a tee shirt riding my bike for at least a month. Absolutely no snow all winter to speak of and hardly any cold temperatures at all. I was at home when the earthquake hit here a couple months ago. Interestingly, a very loud (gargantuan actually) grumbling sound preceded it and then the floor just slid back and forth and I instantly knew it was an earthquake, even though I've never been through one. I never knew about the loud sound preceding an earthquake before then.
03-22-2012 06:39 PM
Netskier Offline

Members

Mask Make & Model:

(02-25-2012 09:28 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Man, this winter sure has been pretty mild here in my part of the U.S. (midwest area).

I think we've had a total of about 3 snow storms with more than 1 inch of snow for the entire season thus far... we normally get 5 times that number of heavy snow storms by now (end of February). That's just unheard of. The temps really haven't gone down as low as they usually go, either.

Wondering about your area? Any other areas of the U.S. like this? How about our members in other countries?

Strange weather around these parts. Thinking-about

Here's something for the climate change and global warming denialists to get hot about:

Historic Heat In North America Turns Winter To Summer.

"A huge, lingering ridge of high pressure over the eastern half of the United States brought summer-like temperatures to North America in March 2012. The warm weather shattered records across the central and eastern United States and much of Canada. From the article: 'Records are not only being broken across the country, they're being broken in unusual ways. Chicago, for example, saw temperatures above 26.6 Celsius (80Fahrenheit) every day between March 14-18, breaking records on all five days. For context, the National Weather Service noted that Chicago typically averages only one day in the eighties each in April. And only once in 140 years of weather observations has April produced as many 80Fahrenheit days as this March.'"

http://slashdot.org/index2.pl?fhfilter=warm+weather

03-23-2012 01:25 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Netskier Offline

Members

Mask Make & Model:

(03-04-2012 05:41 AM)RichardC Wrote:  Summer in Australia has been quite mild too. Some in the media have been saying that we have not had a summer at all.

Maybe those Europeans have stolen your winter.

No, it is just global warming raising Hell. As the Greenland ice melts, it creates a flood of fresh water flowing South, which hits the Gulf Stream which flows North along the surface of the Atlantic, and then drops down to the floor and returns South along same path it used to come North.

So the Gulf Stream no longer goes as far North as it used to, because it is blocked by the fresh water which floats on the surface of the salt water, and blocks the gulf stream, and less warm water goes across to Europe, so Europe gets colder. This is why they are having a cold Winter. It happened before, perhaps in the 1600's or so, and they called that a mini-ice age in Europe. This was predicted a couple of years ago to happen a again. I am sorry it did. Time is running out.

03-23-2012 01:57 AM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

I knew right away that Global Warming is here, because the ice has melted in my single 18 year old malt Too-funny
03-24-2012 05:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
TheDreamer Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Intellipap Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: RespCare Bravo II
Humidifier: F&P HC150
CPAP Pressure: 7.5-15
CPAP Software: EncoreViewer Other Software

Other Comments: RLS, Essential Tremor, Narcolepsy/Cataplexy

So, can we have a mild summer too?

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
03-28-2012 09:36 PM
Netskier Offline

Members

Mask Make & Model:

(03-28-2012 09:36 PM)TheDreamer Wrote:  So, can we have a mild summer too?

You may dream of one, and me too, but I predict a scorcher in the US, and a mild Summer in Britain and Europe. I predict this based on the Greenland ice-sheet melt-water now beginning to block the Gulf Stream from Europe. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

03-28-2012 11:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Angry Winter Bompa 15 3,775 03-23-2013 09:01 AM
Last Post: Bompa