Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I saw my EVENTS PER HOUR..
This poll is closed.
Improve after 1 Night
48.00%
12 48.00%
Improve after 1 Week
24.00%
6 24.00%
Improve after 1 Month
8.00%
2 8.00%
Improve after >1 Month
20.00%
5 20.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey - Kind of.. How long did it take....
Survey - Kind of.. How long did it take....
Once you were able to get a 
  • a comfortable mask that feels good and doesn't leak &
  • was physically able to tolerate the air pressure all night &
  • had a titration study with suggested settings applied
Did you see your "events per hour" number go down after just one night of use
or did it take many nights of use? Please elaborate

I am now at the point where all 3 above factors are true. I slept for 7 hours with 100% mask on, no leaks
and see no improvement at my 21 events per hour.

My next appointment is in 6 weeks.

Should I try to move up the appointment or wait and see if things get better?

Thanks, everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Survey - Kind of.. How long did it take....
Sooner you can resolve it the better you'll sleep. I'd call and ask them to move the appointment up if they can.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
With over 20 AHI, you bet you should move up your appointment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That period of mask adjusting and getting used to the ASV was about a week for me. I had a short period of time afterwards where I was doing pressure edits to see if it would help make it even better. I eventually added a bit to my EPAP minimum setting to be more comfortable. I have a stable AHI of 0.0 to .08 fairly consistent now, even though it was at or around 1 fairly close to the switch to ASV. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was wondering about the time period (if any) *after* getting used to the mask and air pressures - that it
took for the AHI to go down.
Not how long it took to get used to a mask and the air.

Appreciate your reply
Post Reply Post Reply
After the second night using the nose pillows, I started using a chin strap and it's been great since. I was tested at 18 AHI's per hour, but now I've been averaging 2 AHI's per hour or less. Still working on getting to sleep and stop concentrating on breathing and keeping my tongue in position. I really want this to work to help control or stop my A-fib. Doc says a positive attitude helps a lot. Joining this board now gives me a wealth of information and shows me how to have more control of the process. It's been 21 days since I started and I'm fairly confident I'm on the right path to fixing a lot of my problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2018, 01:07 PM)theMezz Wrote: I was wondering about the time period (if any) *after* getting used to the mask and air pressures - that it
took for the AHI to go down.
Not how long it took to get used to a mask and the air.

Appreciate your reply

For my AHI, it dropped within that first week. From there it dropped after another week or two to current levels of below 1.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
took me a week to get used to the pressures and to get the mask fitting right, AHI's plummeted from scary to under 1 within 2 weeks and have remained low.
Had a hiccup with the new machine, but that was just me getting settings that worked with this machine, they are all different. This one i can't use auto humidity because i wake up with water sloshing around in the mask, so i'm on manual and level 3 and no dry mouth and better still no water in the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2018, 04:02 AM)matthewb Wrote: took me a week to get used to the pressures and to get the mask fitting right, AHI's plummeted from scary to under 1 within 2 weeks and have remained low.
Had a hiccup with the new machine, but that was just me getting settings that worked with this machine, they are all different. This one i can't use auto humidity because i wake up with water sloshing around in the mask, so i'm on manual and level 3 and no dry mouth and better still no water in the 
How did you come up with a 3? 
Just the doctor or trial and error or how.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2018, 10:48 AM)theMezz Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 04:02 AM)matthewb Wrote: took me a week to get used to the pressures and to get the mask fitting right, AHI's plummeted from scary to under 1 within 2 weeks and have remained low.
Had a hiccup with the new machine, but that was just me getting settings that worked with this machine, they are all different. This one i can't use auto humidity because i wake up with water sloshing around in the mask, so i'm on manual and level 3 and no dry mouth and better still no water in the 
How did you come up with a 3? 
Just the doctor or trial and error or how.

switched the humidity control from "Auto" to "Manual" (showed up as step 4 on the humidity level at that point) and selected the next lower humidity level as a start point. Seems to be ok. I tried "2" but woke up drier than a prune in the desert. "3" works fine for me with 27 degrees C on the hose temp
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  What kind of breathing is this? sprinter 3 412 01-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,809 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Luna 2 solfware. Heres where to go . (kind of like oscar watertrails 4 1,955 09-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: rubbercow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.