Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I saw my EVENTS PER HOUR..
This poll is closed.
Improve after 1 Night
48.00%
12 48.00%
Improve after 1 Week
24.00%
6 24.00%
Improve after 1 Month
8.00%
2 8.00%
Improve after >1 Month
20.00%
5 20.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Survey - Kind of.. How long did it take....
RE: Survey - Kind of.. How long did it take....
(06-23-2018, 09:16 PM)matthewb Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 10:48 AM)theMezz Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 04:02 AM)matthewb Wrote: took me a week to get used to the pressures and to get the mask fitting right, AHI's plummeted from scary to under 1 within 2 weeks and have remained low.
Had a hiccup with the new machine, but that was just me getting settings that worked with this machine, they are all different. This one i can't use auto humidity because i wake up with water sloshing around in the mask, so i'm on manual and level 3 and no dry mouth and better still no water in the 
How did you come up with a 3? 
Just the doctor or trial and error or how.

switched the humidity control from "Auto" to "Manual" (showed up as step 4 on the humidity level at that point) and selected the next lower humidity level as a start point. Seems to be ok. I tried "2" but woke up drier than a prune in the desert. "3" works fine for me with 27 degrees C on the hose temp

I thought when you said Level 3 you were talking about pressure.

Its pressure I am concerned with, not any of the comfort settings.

I am trying to find the time it took people to see a good AHI AFTER they have reached the point that they have

1) a comfortable mask and
2) can tolerate the air and
3) have a good pressure

Temperature and Humidity I am not concerned with.

Thanks, I do appreciate your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was diagnosed with average AHI=24 and 71 while on my back. I have an Autoset for Her and a N20 nasal mask. AHI was less than 4 the first night and has had various lower values since, often under 2. While I had no problem with the pressure or mask, I'm still adjusting pressure to find the best settings (and adjusting mask fit for different pressures). AHI was 0.56 last night (after using CPAP less than 2 weeks). Still working on getting a really good night's sleep, but the AHI numbers have all been good starting with the first night.

I think with your AHI of 21 you should get your appointment sooner!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2018, 10:33 PM)BlueDragon75 Wrote: I was diagnosed with average AHI=24 and 71 while on my back.  I have an Autoset for Her and a N20 nasal mask.  AHI was less than 4 the first night and has had various lower values since, often under 2.  While I had no problem with the pressure or mask, I'm still adjusting pressure to find the best settings (and adjusting mask fit for different pressures).  AHI was 0.56 last night (after using CPAP less than 2 weeks).  Still working on getting a really good night's sleep, but the AHI numbers have all been good starting with the first night.

I think with your AHI of 21 you should get your appointment sooner!

Wow. You are doing great
Last night my AHI hit 30
I am calling Monday AM

Places here are backed up for weeks and it really sucks trying to get help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2018, 10:01 PM)theMezz Wrote: I thought when you said Level 3 you were talking about pressure.

I am trying to find the time it took people to see a good AHI AFTER they have reached the point that they have

3) have a good pressure

Sorry, my bad.  Took me a week to get used to the positive pressure way of breathing, and my AHI's were dropping that first week. Sleep study showed 75-80 events, end of first week i was under 5, I get concerned now if i see figures above 2
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2018, 12:36 AM)matthewb Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 10:01 PM)theMezz Wrote: I thought when you said Level 3 you were talking about pressure.

3) have a good pressure

Sorry, my bad.  Took me a week to get used to the positive pressure way of breathing, and my AHI's were dropping that first week. Sleep study showed 75-80 events, end of first week i was under 5, I get concerned now if i see figures above 2

Thanks. I'm around 29-30 ahi on 4th night. I'll try a couple more nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took just about a week for me to see a good AHI number.  One reason was that I was sent home with a machine set to 4-20 pressure range, much like you show in your profile.  But I wasn’t diagnosed with Central or mixed Sleep Apnea.

Your pressure range would not be optimal for anyone, but the bottom line is your Apap isn’t going to treat your Central or mixed Sleep Apnea.  

Start a new thread, post some recent charts.  Gather results for your sleep doctor and start your case for an ASV.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 3 89 3 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Long story short chronic 5 413 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 580 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 245 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 650 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  What kind of breathing is this? sprinter 3 434 01-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.