Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Survey info please. A10 Blocked hose shutdown.
Survey info please. A10 Blocked hose shutdown.
Do you use an A10 and have you had any blocked hose shutdowns?

DW has apt with her sleep doc soon and I am keeping my hands off her machine (ARGH) until she has met compliance and this problem resolved.. This is a new and multiple events behavior over last couple weeks. This has happened when she is awake and paying attention and there was NO blocked hose. The machine goes to it's max IP setting of 10 cm/H2O when she has sinus issues and then shuts down. Now I find this interesting as it relates to this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Back-Again . The blower motor is cooled by the delivered air so perhaps this blocked hose fault is actually triggered by an overheating blower motor?????
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Survey info please. A10 Blocked hose shutdown.
There's a few threads on this now. Seems to be the climate line hose that is causing it. Switching to a regular hose solved the issue for some people.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2015, 12:27 PM)AlanE Wrote: There's a few threads on this now. Seems to be the climate line hose that is causing it. Switching to a regular hose solved the issue for some people.

Thanks Alan. Bedroom is kept at low 60's and I fear a heated hose is required. As a supposedly brand new machine I expect it to work as supplied.

Question. She does have a sock on the hose but the manual says sensor at mask end regulates temp so unless there is a minimum heater output I cannot see how that would hurt but may be worth taking it of and see what happens.

I have shown her where it says keep cell phones away from the machine and hers sits next to the machine. Her (stubborn) response is it didn't do it for the first two months. Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
Man low 60's... That would be one heck of an electric bill if I tried to get my house into the 60's. "Winter" is creeping in so hopefully it will get cool enough, and more importantly the humidity will drop enough, to open the windows.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2015, 12:54 PM)AlanE Wrote: Man low 60's... That would be one heck of an electric bill if I tried to get my house into the 60's. "Winter" is creeping in so hopefully it will get cool enough, and more importantly the humidity will drop enough, to open the windows.

Don't rub it in. Oh-jeez On the good side it's 57F here today two weeks until Christmas.
I remember my Christmas Mahi Mahi dinners in the Lanai with great fondness.......

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2015, 11:39 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Do you use an A10 and have you had any blocked hose shutdowns?

DW has apt with her sleep doc soon and I am keeping my hands off her machine (ARGH) until she has met compliance and this problem resolved.. This is a new and multiple events behavior over last couple weeks. This has happened when she is awake and paying attention and there was NO blocked hose. The machine goes to it's max IP setting of 10 cm/H2O when she has sinus issues and then shuts down. Now I find this interesting as it relates to this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Back-Again . The blower motor is cooled by the delivered air so perhaps this blocked hose fault is actually triggered by an overheating blower motor?????

Yes, and it always happened when rainout occurred in my ClimateLine hose, whether or not it was enough rainout to actually "block" the tube. Sadly enough, condensation in those heated hoses seems to wreck havoc on the machine's electronics. I have never had this happen with the SlimLine tubing, even when the tube was filled with condensation at an inadvertent U-bend in the hose.

Unfortunately if you like to sleep in a cool room (low to mid 60s), which I do, this will pretty much always be a problem. I've just accepted it and manage it the best I can. Even with a heavy duty hose sock on my heated tube, I still get rainout sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possum I thank you very much for this info!
Fascinating contrast between poor performance of a hose designed to prevent the very fault it is creating.
Bad fascinating but fascinating none the less.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 262 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 695 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 580 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.