Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suspected UARS - Question Re Next Steps
RE: Suspected UARS - Question Re Next Steps
Mainly reduce or eliminate the hypopneas.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2020, 09:08 AM)theclient1437 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. What might bumping min Ipap accomplish?

If you're on vauto, you're only bumping PS; right?
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I'm on VAuto. I've been bumping PS gradually up to 3.8 where it is now. Are you suggesting I bump PS up? Or, are you suggesting I bump MinEPAP up?

In either case, what would the potential positive outcome be (just trying to understand)?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's just vauto doesn't have a min IPAP setting; that's controlled with PS (min EPAP + PS = min IPAP).

As crimson says, PS controls hypopneas, RERAs, etc., and so is really useful for UARS in particular.

You want it high enough that it minimizes or eliminates those RERAs, but not too high that it introduces significant centrals.

I'd keep PS stable for awhile and see how you do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I had a typo in my previous post.  What I meant was: what would increasing *EPR*, as you suggested, accomplish? 

Thanks, and sorry for the error.  Also, I really appreciate all the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
The latest is that I've switched from nasal pillows to the Resmed F20 full face mask. Attached is the OSCAR report from my first night with the F20.

Despite the AHI and leak rate, both of which are higher than I'd like, I do feel relatively rested today.

So, two questions:
1.) any suggestions on how to reduce leakage with the F20? I trimmed my beard this AM in hopes that having a tightly-trimmed beard will reduce leakage, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.
2.) Any suggested tweaks to pressure? I note that the average pressures last night are higher than with the P10 nasal pillows. Is this perhaps due to the higher leak rate?

Thanks for all the help.

[Image: lO35fPM.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Titration on a VAuto

1. Titrate min EPAP to manage Obstructive Apnea (Done)
2. Titrate PS to manage Hypopnea, Flow Limits/UARS, RERAs, Snores
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2020, 10:02 AM)theclient1437 Wrote: I note that the average pressures last night are higher than with the P10 nasal pillows.  Is this perhaps due to the higher leak rate?

I'd think so; yes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 939 7 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 63 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 621 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.