Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swallowing air an taping mouth
RE: Swallowing air an taping mouth
(03-13-2018, 10:46 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 07:23 AM)bonjour Wrote: ...
I used to use tape every night

Was that before you grew that weed patch on your face? I haven't tried tape a$$uming that there was no way I could get a seal with the thatch around my mouth. (Mine may not be as pretty, and not quite as long, but my beard is much like yours and my mustache is very coarse and thick.)

Weed patch hey,  I'll have you know that I have "connections" with that Jolly Old Elf up north and I'll out a word in for that slander.

I Taped while I had a full beard.  The goal is only to seal the lips, not gag myself.

Fred  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I tape every night.  Works like a charm.  I also wear a soft-collar to keep my airway aligned and help my jaw from dropping open.  I am considering getting a Dreamwear full-face because I feel like I should have one, and I wish I had one when I had the flu last month.  Because of nasal issues (see below), I often only get air flowing through one nostril (been this way all my life). I've heard really good things about them. I LOVE my Dreamwear nasal pillow. 

Having said all that... I am having surgery in two weeks to correct my deviated septum, a turbinate reduction, and a nasal valve repair with graft.  I have been plagued with chronic congestion and mouth-breathing all of my life.  I'm looking forward to getting more air through my nose.
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2018, 03:13 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Having said all that... I am having surgery in two weeks to correct my deviated septum, a turbinate reduction, and a nasal valve repair with graft.  I have been plagued with chronic congestion and mouth-breathing all of my life.  I'm looking forward to getting more air through my nose.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction in August and it truly was life changing--it has been totally amazing to be able to breathe freely through my nose.

Good luck and quick healing to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use 2" paper tape. I tried Micropore, but to sticky. Paper tape is breathable and if your in trouble you can force your mouth open without too much trouble.I raised my pressure, as suggested here from 7 to 9 thinking about 10. I can't figure out this forum, trying to find answers to my last post. On FB you just check timeline. I have no idea how forum works. HELP please!!!
fredfish
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2018, 02:20 PM)fredfish Wrote: I use 2" paper tape. I tried Micropore, but to sticky. Paper tape is breathable and if your in trouble you can force your mouth open without too much trouble.I raised my pressure, as suggested here from 7 to 9 thinking about 10. I can't figure out this forum, trying to find answers to my last post. On FB you just check timeline. I have no idea how forum works. HELP please!!!
fredfish

It can be a problem with busy forums, the best way to find your thread is to bookmark it or go into user cp and find your own posts or do a search for your posts at the top.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 376 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.