Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX Nano vs Wisp
I've been using a Respironics Wisp for several months now, changed over from the F&P Pillairo.

I found the wisp much better, with very little leakage, and now I see a Resmed Swift FX Nano, which looks very similar

Has anyone tried both and can give me a comparison? Sadly I'm in a country where there is only 2 sleep Doctors, and since I have to buy all my masks from overseas, I have to be very careful on my selections so I don't waste the money.

Thanks in advance.

Ray
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you looked through the review section to see if there's reviews of one or both? I know there is for the Wisp but not sure about the Nano.

Edit to add: a link would help, right?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had been using the WISP & decided to try the Nano which I ended up returning. The Nano kind of touched or laid on the tip of my nose all night & was very irritating. It is like the silicone cup isn't quite deep enough & I don't have a particularly long or large nose. So I went back to the WISP which doesn't do this.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-06-2013, 10:50 AM)rayks Wrote: I've been using a Respironics Wisp for several months now, changed over from the F&P Pillairo. I found the wisp much better, with very little leakage ...

Me too, except for me they all leaked too much. I finally had a friend with a sewing machine and the knowledge to use it make me a custom chin strap that I place on top of the Wisp. I am happy to report that my leaks are, for the first time ever, finally very low (always under 10L).

However, for me nothing can come close to the comfort of the Pilairo. Starting tonight I am going to try it with my new chin strap on top to see if it still leaks as badly as it did before. I am hoping that the new custom chin strap will tame it like it does the Wisp.

And this morning when I dug out the Pilairo I noticed that one of the plastic clips on the elastic headband was broken. I took it to my DME (Norco) to see if I could get a replacement headband, and they insisted on giving me a whole brand new Pilairo. I kept telling them that it was more than the three month warranty, but in the end I walked out with a brand new Pilairo free of charge.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2013, 09:29 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 10:50 AM)rayks Wrote: I've been using a Respironics Wisp for several months now, changed over from the F&P Pillairo. I found the wisp much better, with very little leakage ...

in the end I walked out with a brand new Pilairo free of charge.

awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems akdog30 12 588 06-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jsielke
  Resmed Swift FX venting speed3914 0 121 05-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: speed3914
  N20 or Wisp? Solipsiste 8 395 04-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Solipsiste
  Resmed airsense 10 and wisp help Saxmann 2 336 04-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  I "Fixed" Wisp Mask Velcro... player 11 757 03-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  WISP Mask Smell parkerdt 4 372 03-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: parkerdt
  [Equipment] New Replacement Wisp Mask: New Is Amazing! player 0 294 02-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: player