Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Manual PR Bi-pap Pro 650P
RE: Manual PR Bi-pap Pro 650P
Not good with links or computers really!!! Think they were the links in other peoples posts and I was quoting them. I will soon grow up to be a mammy grass hopper though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2013, 06:20 PM)zonk Wrote: I don,t use biapap, don,t know if its okay for you or not, have you had a sleep study and whats the diagnoses and pressure setting recommendation.

I have not had a sleep study and don't even know if they have them here if I am honest Just had a little "finger probe" for the night which cost me $100 and she said I had sleep apnea. They then quoted a machine for $1.750.00 and when I said I could not afford it she didn't want to know. So no not had a sleep study....would be surprised if they do them here actually.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2013, 05:28 PM)Sutto Wrote: I have downloaded manual thanks to the moderator on this board. I would be lost without it. My cpap pressure should be 13.5 so I will set the ipap at 13.5 and epap at 11.5 as you have a difference of 2 in yours I think. I have the sd to check tomorrow morning, and adjust accordingly. Does that sound ok to you?Thanks Thanks for your help.

You shouldn't just be guessing those pressure settings. I've had mine set and adjusted first by the doc. Then I did some adjusting of my own.

You have to make small changes in the pressure settings and check the data for a lot longer than one night to draw any conclusions.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. I did not just guess the settings. I have been using cpap for 2 months using a borrowed machine but my own masks. With help, from someone my readings have been a good deal less than 1 for about 6 weeks now with a pressure setting of between 10 min and max 13.5. I have been using sleepyhead to record data. I have just bought the bipap so that's why I set it to 13.5 iPap. I will check over a good period of time to keep my reading low. Thank you for the advice. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,938 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 381 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  [Equipment] Breas Z2 Auto Setup Manual possum1 3 1,413 02-02-2023, 02:08 AM
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 461 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
  Resplus C-20A (Byond) manual, anyone? SleeplessinIndy 1 837 11-16-2022, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
Exclaimation [Admin Note] Microsoft OUTLOOK users - PLEASE READ [Clinician Manual Requests] SuperSleeper 1 575 11-09-2022, 06:01 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.