Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit F 10
Humidifier: H I heated tubing resmed
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Masks: Simplus, Air, Quattro fx, Nano, Eson, Swift fx and Activ

Sex: Female

RE: Swift FX Nano
(12-01-2013 10:36 AM)JohnNJ Wrote:  I have the Swift FX Nano. It does not have pillows and is not a hybrid from what I can see. It has a cup just like my other nasal mask but less headgear. The manual says to choose "pillows" instead of "nasal" but not sure why.

I have one. The night I tried it my AHI zoomed up to 5 even with a properly fitted chin strap. Back to Quattro Air and Remzees. Clocked in 11 hours last night.
Been playing catch up for 20 years of sleep deprivation.
12-01-2013 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(12-01-2013 12:25 PM)Lukie Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 10:36 AM)JohnNJ Wrote:  I have the Swift FX Nano. It does not have pillows and is not a hybrid from what I can see. It has a cup just like my other nasal mask but less headgear. The manual says to choose "pillows" instead of "nasal" but not sure why.

I have one. The night I tried it my AHI zoomed up to 5 even with a properly fitted chin strap. Back to Quattro Air and Remzees. Clocked in 11 hours last night.

Maybe when you get caught up a little more, you can try it again. One night is not the true test of how it will work for you. AHI of 5 is still acceptable.

Glad you are doing better as that is the goal and hopefully soon you will feel like paradise!
12-01-2013 02:27 PM
Lukie Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto

(12-01-2013 02:27 PM)me50 Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 12:25 PM)Lukie Wrote:  

Maybe when you get caught up a little more, you can try it again. One night is not the true test of how it will work for you. AHI of 5 is still acceptable.

Glad you are doing better as that is the goal and hopefully soon you will feel like paradise!
Well I'm giving Nano another try. These ff. masks are giving me hell with leaks.
I called ResMed and they said to set it on pillows.
12-02-2013 11:26 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Lukie Offline

Preferred Members-2

I called them and they said it is because the size of the mask is similar to the size of a pillows setup.
12-02-2013 06:27 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(12-02-2013 06:27 PM)Lukie Wrote:  

I called them and they said it is because the size of the mask is similar to the size of a pillows setup.

I have tried 3 FFM and am thinking about the Simplus but not so sure even though I like the stability that the headgear has with the forehead piece, even though winter is on its way in, I am not sure I want that much on my face b/c when I wear a FFM it is because I don't feel good and have a cold, sinus, allergies, etc.

So, which FFM have you tried? Here is hoping that you have a successful night with your nano
12-02-2013 06:33 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Lukie Offline

Preferred Members-2

(12-02-2013 06:33 PM)me50 Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 06:27 PM)Lukie Wrote:  

I have tried 3 FFM and am thinking about the Simplus but not so sure even though I like the stability that the headgear has with the forehead piece, even though winter is on its way in, I am not sure I want that much on my face b/c when I wear a FFM it is because I don't feel good and have a cold, sinus, allergies, etc.

So, which FFM have you tried? Here is hoping that you have a successful night with your nano

I've had the Quattro FX and Quattro Air by ResMed. I really like the Air but like all ff masks, I seem to fight leaks all night and one of my eyes is bright red from mask farts near my eye. I do not like the FX.

I can't seem to keep from either dropping my jaw(even with a chin strap and soft dog toy under my chin. The air escapes through some missing front teeth. I'm running out of ideas. Back to the DME before my mask changing month is up.
12-02-2013 09:18 PM
Chumley Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Vpap Auto
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX Nano
Humidifier: Resmed H51 Climate Control
CPAP Pressure: 8-18Cm/H20
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

I just started with a Swift FX nano. I tried about 5 different masks when I started (1999) and settled on the Ultra Mirage, then it changed to the Ultra Mirage 2. Of the regular nasal masks (I tried the phantom, respironics gold, repironics regular, another mask I can't remember and then the Ultra Mirage) the Ultra Mirage was the lightest and most comfortable. I was as high as 18cm for a while and the UMII stayed on pretty well. I've lost weight and the pressures have come down. The UMII still was nice, but my RT suggested I try the Nano. It took 2 days to get comfortable with it, but I have been using it a week and a half and it is very comfortable, gets dislodged or leaks less then the UM2, and allows me to do my sleep inducing crossword without interference.

I really like the Nano and will be reporting to my RT that I am keeping it and discontinuing the UM2.

Make sure you aren't too tight. I have been surprised at how loose I ended up with the UM2 and now the Nano also likes a very light fit...I have some smile creases that are hard to seal (Why the Phantom and Resp. Gold didn't seal well with their gel masks) and the Nano seems to O.K. with it...
12-02-2013 11:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone having success using Swift FX Nano? Newbee2016 2 127 Yesterday 07:07 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  swift mask 'leak' noise--but not leaking... hegel 11 738 11-27-2016 09:53 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  Problem with Resmed Swift FX mask/hose leaking Dangerous Dave 1 235 10-13-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
Video Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10 Judy1843 46 6,329 10-02-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Adoniscmj
  Flex to Nano tmoody 12 814 04-14-2016 11:27 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Heads Up Nano users on Medicare Lukie 12 3,485 02-15-2016 03:05 PM
Last Post: JPaulos
  ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap justra1234 10 8,080 10-01-2015 09:05 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2