Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX Nano
RE: Swift FX Nano
(12-01-2013, 10:36 AM)JohnNJ Wrote: I have the Swift FX Nano. It does not have pillows and is not a hybrid from what I can see. It has a cup just like my other nasal mask but less headgear. The manual says to choose "pillows" instead of "nasal" but not sure why.

I have one. The night I tried it my AHI zoomed up to 5 even with a properly fitted chin strap. Back to Quattro Air and Remzees. Clocked in 11 hours last night.
Been playing catch up for 20 years of sleep deprivation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2013, 12:25 PM)Lukie Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 10:36 AM)JohnNJ Wrote: I have the Swift FX Nano. It does not have pillows and is not a hybrid from what I can see. It has a cup just like my other nasal mask but less headgear. The manual says to choose "pillows" instead of "nasal" but not sure why.

I have one. The night I tried it my AHI zoomed up to 5 even with a properly fitted chin strap. Back to Quattro Air and Remzees. Clocked in 11 hours last night.

Maybe when you get caught up a little more, you can try it again. One night is not the true test of how it will work for you. AHI of 5 is still acceptable.

Glad you are doing better as that is the goal and hopefully soon you will feel like paradise!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2013, 02:27 PM)me50 Wrote:
(12-01-2013, 12:25 PM)Lukie Wrote:

Maybe when you get caught up a little more, you can try it again. One night is not the true test of how it will work for you. AHI of 5 is still acceptable.

Glad you are doing better as that is the goal and hopefully soon you will feel like paradise!
Well I'm giving Nano another try. These ff. masks are giving me hell with leaks.
I called ResMed and they said to set it on pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

I called them and they said it is because the size of the mask is similar to the size of a pillows setup.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2013, 06:27 PM)Lukie Wrote:

I called them and they said it is because the size of the mask is similar to the size of a pillows setup.

I have tried 3 FFM and am thinking about the Simplus but not so sure even though I like the stability that the headgear has with the forehead piece, even though winter is on its way in, I am not sure I want that much on my face b/c when I wear a FFM it is because I don't feel good and have a cold, sinus, allergies, etc.

So, which FFM have you tried? Here is hoping that you have a successful night with your nano
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2013, 06:33 PM)me50 Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 06:27 PM)Lukie Wrote:

I have tried 3 FFM and am thinking about the Simplus but not so sure even though I like the stability that the headgear has with the forehead piece, even though winter is on its way in, I am not sure I want that much on my face b/c when I wear a FFM it is because I don't feel good and have a cold, sinus, allergies, etc.

So, which FFM have you tried? Here is hoping that you have a successful night with your nano

I've had the Quattro FX and Quattro Air by ResMed. I really like the Air but like all ff masks, I seem to fight leaks all night and one of my eyes is bright red from mask farts near my eye. I do not like the FX.

I can't seem to keep from either dropping my jaw(even with a chin strap and soft dog toy under my chin. The air escapes through some missing front teeth. I'm running out of ideas. Back to the DME before my mask changing month is up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started with a Swift FX nano. I tried about 5 different masks when I started (1999) and settled on the Ultra Mirage, then it changed to the Ultra Mirage 2. Of the regular nasal masks (I tried the phantom, respironics gold, repironics regular, another mask I can't remember and then the Ultra Mirage) the Ultra Mirage was the lightest and most comfortable. I was as high as 18cm for a while and the UMII stayed on pretty well. I've lost weight and the pressures have come down. The UMII still was nice, but my RT suggested I try the Nano. It took 2 days to get comfortable with it, but I have been using it a week and a half and it is very comfortable, gets dislodged or leaks less then the UM2, and allows me to do my sleep inducing crossword without interference.

I really like the Nano and will be reporting to my RT that I am keeping it and discontinuing the UM2.

Make sure you aren't too tight. I have been surprised at how loose I ended up with the UM2 and now the Nano also likes a very light fit...I have some smile creases that are hard to seal (Why the Phantom and Resp. Gold didn't seal well with their gel masks) and the Nano seems to O.K. with it...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 584 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 854 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 906 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 668 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 973 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,210 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,320 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.