Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara View
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 11-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Swift FX lasts
I would also like to see a picture or a more detailed description of the demise of a nasal pillow. I have read many folks complain of pillow failures and wonder just what do they do that destroys them. Mine, for my ResMed Swift LT will last a very long time I believe if I didn't replace them every couple of weeks or so. Medicare gives free replacements for every two weeks useage, so I order them and dispose of the (in my mind) somewhat good quality pillows, bi-weekly. It seems a waste to me, but I don;t write the rules, I just follow them.

Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
01-29-2013 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Lucky you - insurance does not pay for replacement pillows here (hell, I have to have a serious consideration about what to do about the "rental" price the LungenLiga is charging me for the CPAP machine for a year, after which they will sell it to me as "used" - I am pretty sure that paying 380 per month for a year actually would buy me the bloody thing in almost any shop in the US - but here, well, they can charge like mad, which they do for the nasal pillows as well.

I have seen no need to replace the pillows as of yet - I see no signs of wear and tear on them - in fact, they seem to be in remarkably good nick. So I, too, would like to know just what people are doing to them to wreck them so quickly.
01-29-2013 07:30 PM
gjw Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Hi5 with ClimateLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Hi Wilorg

Well I rent from Lungenliga Z├╝rich, and all consumable supplies such as hose, mask, and filters are included in the rental fee. The rental fee is covered by my basic health insurance, which mandatory in Switzerland.
Have not had any issues with my Swift FX, which I have been using since 6 weeks.

;-> gjw
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 03:42 PM by gjw.)
01-30-2013 03:41 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

gjw, good to see a fellow Zurcher here. I was clearly told by the LungenLiga that replacement bits cost extra - the basic kit(including hose and filters, not the mask, which was supplied by the Unispital with the test machine and NOT replaced by the LungenLiga with a new one) was part of the rental price, but if I need new pillows it costs, and a not cheap. It is also pretty clearly stated in my rental contract. Nice people, though. Really out to help within their limits. Did you do your initial testing at the Unispital?
01-30-2013 07:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone having success using Swift FX Nano? Newbee2016 2 124 Yesterday 07:07 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  swift mask 'leak' noise--but not leaking... hegel 11 736 11-27-2016 09:53 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  Problem with Resmed Swift FX mask/hose leaking Dangerous Dave 1 234 10-13-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
Video Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10 Judy1843 46 6,327 10-02-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Adoniscmj
  ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap justra1234 10 8,079 10-01-2015 09:05 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  ResMed Swift FX Replacement Pillow Cushion How often dwd1249 3 781 10-01-2015 07:49 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Minor mod to help keep Swift FX headgear on. cate1898 11 1,739 09-21-2015 01:59 PM
Last Post: DariaVader