Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX lasts
Swift FX lasts
I use a Swift FX Nasal Pillow, and everything I am reading on the forum seems to tell me that they don't last very long, a matter of weeks even.

I am still using the same pillows after 9 months, and they seem to be in very good nick still - no signs of wear at all. Is that unusual? What am I doing wrong (or right)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swift FX lasts.
Sounds like you're not doing anything wrong! I'm without insurance right now so I'd be elated for my pillows to last that long!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I adjust the mask so they fit with a good seal but without putting pressure on them, and give them a good rinse with dish soap every now and again, but to be honest, I do nothing special. Insurance doesn't cover replacement parts here, btw, and the pillows are way expensive, 50 or 60 a pop.

It does lead me to wonder what others are doing that they wear out so quickly.... these seem pretty robust, and the silicon doesn't seem to pick up much, if anything from my nose (I may suffer form a dry nasal passage, of course)....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wilorg, You could try HPA Lanolin cream if you find that the inside of your nostriles are irritated. Just swav a LITTLE bit in them and that should help to moisen them and could give you a better seal.
It sounds like you are doing everything right if you can get your pillows to last you a good while.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swift FX lasts
I didn't say that right - I always have dry nostrils - nothing to do with the pillows - I meant that because of that there is no fluid or mucous transfer onto the pillows from me, and no noticeable oil build-up.

I use Bepanthen cream for the dryness when it gets to much me. I suspect that the dryness is a result of a diving accident years back. Doesn't seem to make much difference to me, but maybe it ties into my strong post nasal drip somehow...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to see a photo of someone's early failure Swift pillows.

I don't get how it happens... Is it that the internal support cone fails - or is it that the soft outside cone fails?

I trialed a swift and found that it worked well but was a bit put off by the reports of short life.

(Ironic I guess because I bought a Pliairo that is super flimsy but really comfortable for me. Had it for nearly 5 months now with no problems.)
Post Reply Post Reply
My Swift FX Nasal Pillows have lasted me for over a year! I bought more in the beginning because of posts or information that they are changed often. Must be a DME thing? Sorry, did I say that out loud? I am serious, my pillows are still very good, no problems with seal, I use CPAP Mask Wipes every few days or so and sometimes the HPA Lanolin cream if the middle of my nostrils becomes sore. The HPA Lanolin cream clears it up by making the fit comfortable while healing any sores. Great Mask, in my experienced opinion, long lasting Pillows! So I have extras on hand as I haven't needed a change! Coffee
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillows on the Breeze last a long time as well. The set I have now are at least 7 months.

Does the Swift use individual pillows are are they one piece that fits into a frame? I've used that mask but it's been a while.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The pillows on the LX are one piece - on the Mirage it is a frame and two pieces...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2013, 12:48 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The pillows on the Breeze last a long time as well. The set I have now are at least 7 months.

Does the Swift use individual pillows are are they one piece that fits into a frame? I've used that mask but it's been a while.

Individual Pillow for each nostril on one piece hose connection for the Swift FX.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 595 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 881 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 932 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 680 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 994 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,261 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,346 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.