Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6 to 9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
(09-04-2015 07:10 PM)Maniac007 Wrote:  I tried the P10 for a couple of weeks. I would wake up during the night and it would be either off my face or on the floor. Never could get the adjustment right. When I spoke to the DME rep, she asked me to try the Swift FX. After using it for 5 weeks, I've only had it off 2 times now during the night. It is a little heavier than the P10, but I'm a side sleeper so I let my pillow support the weight. I do use the P10 when watching tv and napping in the chair. If your DME will let you try one for awhile and you want to try another style, ask if you can keep the other since they are gonna throw it away anyway. That's how I now own the FX, P10 and a Quattro.

I had the same problem with the p10. after an hour it would be on the floor. I am a side sleeper as well and the fx has been the ticket for me as I can get 4 plus hours with it. I just hate the exhaust it is to loud. But it has worked for me well.
09-05-2015 02:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Adoniscmj Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense10 Autoset for her

Other Comments:

As I said I have tried both masks as I own both and I like the P10 but the FX is the only one that stays on my face when I roll around in bed. I don't think the FX is uncomfortable at all but I don't care much for the jet steam of air coming out of it. That is my only complaint. I am thankful for the FX because I can keep it on longer so I get therapy for most of the night. Some of my Apneas are huge long lasting and I need to be on the machine the entire night not just one or two hours like I did with the P10. I think for naps the P10 would be perfect for me.
09-05-2015 11:30 PM
Judy1843 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Model 37028
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Humidity Level 4 Ramp off
CPAP Pressure: 7-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Amara View and DreamWear Nasal

Sex: Female

(09-05-2015 11:30 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote:  As I said I have tried both masks as I own both and I like the P10 but the FX is the only one that stays on my face when I roll around in bed. I don't think the FX is uncomfortable at all but I don't care much for the jet steam of air coming out of it. That is my only complaint. I am thankful for the FX because I can keep it on longer so I get therapy for most of the night. Some of my Apneas are huge long lasting and I need to be on the machine the entire night not just one or two hours like I did with the P10. I think for naps the P10 would be perfect for me.

I'm a mouth breather so if I plan on getting the P10 and wearing a halo chin strap.Do you think that would help with keeping it on?
09-06-2015 07:51 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Adoniscmj Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense10 Autoset for her

Other Comments:

(09-06-2015 07:51 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 11:30 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote:  As I said I have tried both masks as I own both and I like the P10 but the FX is the only one that stays on my face when I roll around in bed. I don't think the FX is uncomfortable at all but I don't care much for the jet steam of air coming out of it. That is my only complaint. I am thankful for the FX because I can keep it on longer so I get therapy for most of the night. Some of my Apneas are huge long lasting and I need to be on the machine the entire night not just one or two hours like I did with the P10. I think for naps the P10 would be perfect for me.

I'm a mouth breather so if I plan on getting the P10 and wearing a halo chin strap.Do you think that would help with keeping it on?

I don't think it would. A chin strap will keep your mouth from opening but the problem I have noticed with the P10 is the headgear is to weak, as soon as I roll over it would come off. If you don't roll around in your sleep much then it would be fine and a great mask it is. I wish I could use mine but it comes off so easily. That is why I use the FX when I put it on it stays on no matter what I do in my sleep. I hate the noise and jet stream of the FX but other than that it is a really good mask as well. I would see if your DME will let you try both.
09-06-2015 11:21 AM
cate1898 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR System One 560BT Auto
Mask Make & Model: P10's/backup-DreamWear
Humidifier: PR attached
CPAP Pressure: 8.5 - 13. A-Flex 3

Other Comments: Began CPAP Therapy Sept. 11, 2015. Hx Hypertension, Post Graves Disease, chronic migraines.

deleted
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 07:58 AM by cate1898.)
09-21-2015 07:12 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Judy1843 Offline

Preferred Members

I'm struggling with the P10 and can only keep it on for 3 hours before switching back to the Amara View. It seems to make me feel a little suffocating not sure why ??? Maybe I'm just not use to the pillows yet. My DME said I needed the small in the P10 however they fit me the first time with a medium on the Amara View and that was wrong I needed a large cushion and ounce that was corrected it was a very nice mask! I'm wondering how do you know if you have the right size pillows for the P10! My DME only gave me size small pillow because they also gave me a cushion for the view so yes they always open my kit
09-21-2015 07:41 AM
Sleeprider Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Judy, go to your DME and demand the rest of the mask kit you paid for. It comes with 3 size pillows. The sense of not getting enough air is common with too small of a pillow size, and most users are surprised they take a medium or large in the P10.

09-21-2015 11:10 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
kdmorris410 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Dream Wear
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 10-16

Other Comments: Started therapy 2/20/15

(09-21-2015 11:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Judy, go to your DME and demand the rest of the mask kit you paid for. It comes with 3 size pillows. The sense of not getting enough air is common with too small of a pillow size, and most users are surprised they take a medium or large in the P10.

Judy - this ^^

I got a P10 for Her, which came with XS, S, M...I knew immediately that none of these fit me because - no matter how tight I pulled it, air still came streaming right back out of my nose. So basically, it hissed all night long, and kind of whistled sometimes.

I called the DME back and requested the large. It fits to seal my nostrils like it should, though I've had some issues with stretching of the head gear a little, but I'm trying to overcome it. Smile

That suffocating feeling may be the pressure. I feel like that when my pressure was too low. What is your pressure at?
09-21-2015 12:32 PM
BadGoodDeb Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 autoset
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 for Her
Humidifier: no
CPAP Pressure: 8 (testing 7.8-10)

Other Comments: New to AirSense 10 and AirFit P10, but 4 years on prev unit

Judy - I agree - you need a bigger pillows. At least the medium, if you are currently using the small. (I said this just now on another thread too; sorry for redundancy). They always try to fit me with small, too, and it just smothers me. So it you are feeling suffocated -- try the next size pillows, and get more air into you!!

In the meantime, you can take a pair of nail scissors and snip off a tiny bit of the INNER set of plastic bit in the nasal intrusions. I did that eons ago with a Swift (xx) mask to get more air through it. Since they clearly won't take this one back now that you've used it, you know ..... If that helps, it might prove to your DME that you are serious about needing the bigger size pillow.
09-21-2015 04:09 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Judy1843 Offline

Preferred Members

(09-21-2015 04:09 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote:  Judy - I agree - you need a bigger pillows. At least the medium, if you are currently using the small. (I said this just now on another thread too; sorry for redundancy). They always try to fit me with small, too, and it just smothers me. So it you are feeling suffocated -- try the next size pillows, and get more air into you!!

In the meantime, you can take a pair of nail scissors and snip off a tiny bit of the INNER set of plastic bit in the nasal intrusions. I did that eons ago with a Swift (xx) mask to get more air through it. Since they clearly won't take this one back now that you've used it, you know ..... If that helps, it might prove to your DME that you are serious about needing the bigger size pillow.
Thanks so much for all your help! I just cannot say to you all how helpful this is!!! I called today and they are sending me medium and large!
09-21-2015 05:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Resmed AirFit F20, & N20 Masks gjw 25 3,127 12-08-2016 07:09 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Airfit F20 car54 5 231 12-07-2016 06:33 AM
Last Post: 49er
  Anyone having success using Swift FX Nano? Newbee2016 2 170 12-03-2016 07:07 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Question for Airfit F10 Users PaytonA 2 223 12-03-2016 05:29 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 12 718 12-03-2016 09:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  swift mask 'leak' noise--but not leaking... hegel 11 769 11-27-2016 09:53 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  AirFit P10 Headgear Clips gjw 22 790 11-19-2016 12:11 PM
Last Post: sonicboom