Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
(09-04-2015, 07:10 PM)Maniac007 Wrote: I tried the P10 for a couple of weeks. I would wake up during the night and it would be either off my face or on the floor. Never could get the adjustment right. When I spoke to the DME rep, she asked me to try the Swift FX. After using it for 5 weeks, I've only had it off 2 times now during the night. It is a little heavier than the P10, but I'm a side sleeper so I let my pillow support the weight. I do use the P10 when watching tv and napping in the chair. If your DME will let you try one for awhile and you want to try another style, ask if you can keep the other since they are gonna throw it away anyway. That's how I now own the FX, P10 and a Quattro.

I had the same problem with the p10. after an hour it would be on the floor. I am a side sleeper as well and the fx has been the ticket for me as I can get 4 plus hours with it. I just hate the exhaust it is to loud. But it has worked for me well.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I said I have tried both masks as I own both and I like the P10 but the FX is the only one that stays on my face when I roll around in bed. I don't think the FX is uncomfortable at all but I don't care much for the jet steam of air coming out of it. That is my only complaint. I am thankful for the FX because I can keep it on longer so I get therapy for most of the night. Some of my Apneas are huge long lasting and I need to be on the machine the entire night not just one or two hours like I did with the P10. I think for naps the P10 would be perfect for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 11:30 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: As I said I have tried both masks as I own both and I like the P10 but the FX is the only one that stays on my face when I roll around in bed. I don't think the FX is uncomfortable at all but I don't care much for the jet steam of air coming out of it. That is my only complaint. I am thankful for the FX because I can keep it on longer so I get therapy for most of the night. Some of my Apneas are huge long lasting and I need to be on the machine the entire night not just one or two hours like I did with the P10. I think for naps the P10 would be perfect for me.

I'm a mouth breather so if I plan on getting the P10 and wearing a halo chin strap.Do you think that would help with keeping it on?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2015, 07:51 AM)Judy1843 Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 11:30 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: As I said I have tried both masks as I own both and I like the P10 but the FX is the only one that stays on my face when I roll around in bed. I don't think the FX is uncomfortable at all but I don't care much for the jet steam of air coming out of it. That is my only complaint. I am thankful for the FX because I can keep it on longer so I get therapy for most of the night. Some of my Apneas are huge long lasting and I need to be on the machine the entire night not just one or two hours like I did with the P10. I think for naps the P10 would be perfect for me.

I'm a mouth breather so if I plan on getting the P10 and wearing a halo chin strap.Do you think that would help with keeping it on?

I don't think it would. A chin strap will keep your mouth from opening but the problem I have noticed with the P10 is the headgear is to weak, as soon as I roll over it would come off. If you don't roll around in your sleep much then it would be fine and a great mask it is. I wish I could use mine but it comes off so easily. That is why I use the FX when I put it on it stays on no matter what I do in my sleep. I hate the noise and jet stream of the FX but other than that it is a really good mask as well. I would see if your DME will let you try both.
Post Reply Post Reply
deleted
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm struggling with the P10 and can only keep it on for 3 hours before switching back to the Amara View. It seems to make me feel a little suffocating not sure why ??? Maybe I'm just not use to the pillows yet. My DME said I needed the small in the P10 however they fit me the first time with a medium on the Amara View and that was wrong I needed a large cushion and ounce that was corrected it was a very nice mask! I'm wondering how do you know if you have the right size pillows for the P10! My DME only gave me size small pillow because they also gave me a cushion for the view so yes they always open my kit
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy, go to your DME and demand the rest of the mask kit you paid for. It comes with 3 size pillows. The sense of not getting enough air is common with too small of a pillow size, and most users are surprised they take a medium or large in the P10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 11:10 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Judy, go to your DME and demand the rest of the mask kit you paid for. It comes with 3 size pillows. The sense of not getting enough air is common with too small of a pillow size, and most users are surprised they take a medium or large in the P10.

Judy - this ^^

I got a P10 for Her, which came with XS, S, M...I knew immediately that none of these fit me because - no matter how tight I pulled it, air still came streaming right back out of my nose. So basically, it hissed all night long, and kind of whistled sometimes.

I called the DME back and requested the large. It fits to seal my nostrils like it should, though I've had some issues with stretching of the head gear a little, but I'm trying to overcome it. Smile

That suffocating feeling may be the pressure. I feel like that when my pressure was too low. What is your pressure at?
Post Reply Post Reply
Judy - I agree - you need a bigger pillows. At least the medium, if you are currently using the small. (I said this just now on another thread too; sorry for redundancy). They always try to fit me with small, too, and it just smothers me. So it you are feeling suffocated -- try the next size pillows, and get more air into you!!

In the meantime, you can take a pair of nail scissors and snip off a tiny bit of the INNER set of plastic bit in the nasal intrusions. I did that eons ago with a Swift (xx) mask to get more air through it. Since they clearly won't take this one back now that you've used it, you know ..... If that helps, it might prove to your DME that you are serious about needing the bigger size pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 04:09 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Judy - I agree - you need a bigger pillows. At least the medium, if you are currently using the small. (I said this just now on another thread too; sorry for redundancy). They always try to fit me with small, too, and it just smothers me. So it you are feeling suffocated -- try the next size pillows, and get more air into you!!

In the meantime, you can take a pair of nail scissors and snip off a tiny bit of the INNER set of plastic bit in the nasal intrusions. I did that eons ago with a Swift (xx) mask to get more air through it. Since they clearly won't take this one back now that you've used it, you know ..... If that helps, it might prove to your DME that you are serious about needing the bigger size pillow.
Thanks so much for all your help! I just cannot say to you all how helpful this is!!! I called today and they are sending me medium and large!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,131 1 hour ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,129 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.