Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
I alternate between the Swift and the P10. The back of the Swift tends to ride up the back of my head while I sleep. The p10 is too tight (big head). When it loosens up after a week or so, it's great. That lasts until I wash the mask again and then it's too tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 09:30 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I alternate between the Swift and the P10. The back of the Swift tends to ride up the back of my head while I sleep. The p10 is too tight (big head). When it loosens up after a week or so, it's great. That lasts until I wash the mask again and then it's too tight.

What about getting some clips with some light weights on it that you can hang from the ends when you hang it to dry?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2015, 09:30 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I alternate between the Swift and the P10. The back of the Swift tends to ride up the back of my head while I sleep. The p10 is too tight (big head). When it loosens up after a week or so, it's great. That lasts until I wash the mask again and then it's too tight.

I have been using the Amara View with great success! I'm currently in the hospital with afib and plan to give the P10 another try when I get back home!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using Ohilips Respironics FitLife™ Full Face Mask with Headgear successfully because the seal is wide and does not put pressure on a specific point. I tried other masks and always had pressure sores on the bridge of my nose, nostrils and forehead.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love the Airfit P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few tips for using the AirFit P10:
  • If you have long enough hair, put your hair over the rear strap instead of under it. This keeps the headgear from sliding up.

• You loosen the headgear by spreading the two straps apart and tighten it by bringing the straps closer together.

• If your headgear is still too tight after adjusting, using scissors carefully cut 1/2" where the two straps separate so that the straps separate sooner. This will allow you to spread the straps further apart. If this helps, but not enough, repeat as needed.

• If you can't get the headgear tight enough, they sell clips (Resmed part number 62962) that can tighten your straps.

• Another alternative if your headgear is too lose even with the straps next to each other is to make a small fold in the rear of a strap, sew it together, and after confirming that the headgear now fits snip off the extra material from the loop.

• Don't let the different pillow sizes stop you from trying all of them. Often times, too small a pillow will restrict breathing or irritate your nares. For some people, a wrong size pillow made the headgear feel to tight. Don't be afraid to try all three sizes!

Hope this helps anyone having problems with their P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2016, 02:06 PM)sylerner Wrote: A few tips for using the AirFit P10:
  • If you have long enough hair, put your hair over the rear strap instead of under it. This keeps the headgear from sliding up.

• You loosen the headgear by spreading the two straps apart and tighten it by bringing the straps closer together.

• If your headgear is still too tight after adjusting, using scissors carefully cut 1/2" where the two straps separate so that the straps separate sooner. This will allow you to spread the straps further apart. If this helps, but not enough, repeat as needed.

• If you can't get the headgear tight enough, they sell clips (Resmed part number 62962) that can tighten your straps.

• Another alternative if your headgear is too lose even with the straps next to each other is to make a small fold in the rear of a strap, sew it together, and after confirming that the headgear now fits snip off the extra material from the loop.

• Don't let the different pillow sizes stop you from trying all of them. Often times, too small a pillow will restrict breathing or irritate your nares. For some people, a wrong size pillow made the headgear feel to tight. Don't be afraid to try all three sizes!

Hope this helps anyone having problems with their P10.
4 sizes! There are 4 pillows sizes for the P10. The "For Her" kit comes with XS, S, and M .... and any of those could be ordered separately. The ordinary kit (presumably "For Him") comes with S, M, and L.

I have the "For Her" kit, which does not include size L ..... but I request L as my monthly replacement pillows.

Just saying !

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2016, 02:23 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: 4 sizes! There are 4 pillows sizes for the P10. The "For Her" kit comes with XS, S, and M .... and any of those could be ordered separately. The ordinary kit (presumably "For Him") comes with S, M, and L.

I have the "For Her" kit, which does not include size L ..... but I request L as my monthly replacement pillows.

Just saying !

You're quite right.

Since each kit (for him/for her) only comes with three sizes (S/M/L or XS/S/M) I forgot that you can order the missing size.

Of course, try the three sizes that come with your kit first! Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
My supplier removes the S/M/L pillows and gives me 2-large. Depending on who you use, I'm sure they can customize your delivery. I even had a For her headset once since they were out of stock on the regular one, and it still had 2-large pillows. After about a week that smaller headset worked okay, but I really don't have the "for her" physique. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2016, 05:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My supplier removes the S/M/L pillows and gives me 2-large. Depending on who you use, I'm sure they can customize your delivery. I even had a For her headset once since they were out of stock on the regular one, and it still had 2-large pillows. After about a week that smaller headset worked okay, but I really don't have the "for her" physique. Smile

I think the "For Her" straps about about an inch (or was it 1.5" ?) shorter than the "For Him" straps. I got one of each side by side this past April (they goofed). So I could measure them before either had done any stretching.

I forget the exact numerical difference now, but I posted it here, somewhere -- if it matters!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 8 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,120 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.