Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10
I measured it and came up with just over an inch difference. It works fine, until someone says, "good job" then my head swells, and my nose gets smashed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2016, 02:06 PM)sylerner Wrote:
  • If you can't get the headgear tight enough, they sell clips (Resmed part number 62962) that can tighten your straps.

Actually, I just noticed that my P10 kit came with clips hidden in the back of the box under the instructions. So no need to buy clips if the straps are too big for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oooo! When did you get your P10 kit? I think the clips only came out this past March or so. I wonder when they started including them with the kits ....
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a Swift xer. I want to try the P10, but the lack of an adjustable head strap is just a killer. I can't see how that would work. I adjust my Swift head strap over time as it stretches, or even as my hair grows--even though I wear it under my hair to keep it from riding up. Or when I wake up in the wee hours and want to cinch it up a notch.

Make the darn strap adjustable and I'd at least try it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2016, 07:53 PM)hegel Wrote: I'm a Swift xer. I want to try the P10, but the lack of an adjustable head strap is just a killer. I can't see how that would work. I adjust my Swift head strap over time as it stretches, or even as my hair grows--even though I wear it under my hair to keep it from riding up. Or when I wake up in the wee hours and want to cinch it up a notch.

I thought the same thing when I first moved from a Nuance Pro to the P10. The P10 is amazingly easy to adjust by sliding the straps closer together or further apart. When the headgear stretches too much, soaking it in hot water and letting it dry will shrink it so it is tighter.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2016, 07:53 PM)hegel Wrote: I'm a Swift xer. I want to try the P10, but the lack of an adjustable head strap is just a killer. I can't see how that would work. I adjust my Swift head strap over time as it stretches, or even as my hair grows--even though I wear it under my hair to keep it from riding up. Or when I wake up in the wee hours and want to cinch it up a notch.

You're in luck! Now included in every new mask kit:

[Image: 437475D8-C226-41A4-864A-624C58E7AD5F.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used both and I can say they both have there issues. The P10 is a great mask that could be better with a better harness to hold it to my head when I turn on my side it comes off. That made me get the FX and this mask stayed on very well, but it vents a large amount of air through the night and I hated that, as I can feel it blowing back on my face. So if you take the P10 and put the FX head gear on it then in my opinion you would have the perfect mask. At least from a side sleeping stance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am using the Airfit F-20 fullface, but i am not very happy with it, still have some leckage and I always have to pull it very tight to avoid leckages. I would prefer a nose-pillow mask, but everyone tells me, this is not a good idea, because my pressure is 12-16 mbar APAP. I tried both for a view minutes and think that the Swift FX fits better.
Do you use a Swift FX with high pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both and my pressure is is around 12 to 14. Never had a problem because of pressure.
As long as you don't mouth breathe and don't mind something against your nose they should work. With mask everyone is a bit different with what works and what they like.
Good luck on your search.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, dwd1249, are there other user too?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,663 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,673 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,510 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,945 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,295 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,722 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 361 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.