Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift LT or other?
Swift LT or other?
I got outfitted with a new machine and mask earlier this year and I am still searching for a mask that works better than my old adams circuit nasal pillow set-up.

I was originally issued a nasal mask (can't remember the name, not pillows but a small mask that went over the nose) and I did not like it.

I exchanged it for an airfit P10 which has not worked out either. I find the orientation of the pillows (medium size) do not fit my nose. The pillows in my adams circuit rotate in the housing so they can be fit to ones nostrils. The P10 pillows are at quite an angle. The other big issue is I simply cannot exhale through this mask (inhalation isn't that great either). I'm reading through the P10 threads and may eventually try some of the solutions discussed but for now have set it aside and gone back to the adams circuit.

Talking with my DME they acknowledge the potential trouble spots for some people on the P10 and is recommending trying the Swift LT when my re-supply comes up in a few days. He says this is an older mask but still inventoried. I think part of the reason he is recommending it is because it has the option of over-the-head hose routing like my adams circuit. I am not necessarily wed to the over-the-head routing though.

In looking at the pictures it seems to have quite the framework that rests on the cheeks? Has anybody used the Swift LT and can shed some light?

Any other recommendations for nasal pillow masks I should consider?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swift LT or other?
There's a lot out there. Look into the Nuance. It doesn't quite go into the nose but rests on the outside. There's two versions: the Pro has a gel strap at the cheek bone and the non-Pro has cloth. I prefer the non-Pro version. You can route the hose up and through a loop in the headgear at the top of the head or just let it go where it wants to go.

I used the Swift LT for a long time. It was okay but noisy. And they started making them rather cheaply. That clip that holds the hose on the top broke. Because of the way it is made, you have to feed the hose up in that direction so it was a PITA. Looking at a few of the online sites, you can get a better, newer mask for less. See if your supplier has a mask trial option. That's where you get to try a mask for a bit before you or your insurance company pays for it. Try out the Nuance, maybe the Swift FX (which is similar to the P10 but with headgear that works).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swift LT or other?
Thanks Paula,

I think my official trial period was over long ago, back when the nasal mask was originally issued then I traded it in for the P10.

If I understand the process correctly I have two 90 day resupply events between now (July 30th) and near the end of the year. Because I had spine surgery this year and my deductible and co-insurance were satisfied, this years supplies are covered at 100%.

The DME currently has a note in my file to provide the LT during this next resupply (July 30th) and if I want that changed I need to call him today or tomorrow. So my strategy is to try one or two more masks if they are paid at 100%.

After the end of this year I will turn off this whole 90 day resupply thing as I'm a long time bipap user and find the modern day equipment resupply system a bit ridiculous in terms of how often the $$equipment$$ supposedly needs to be replaced.

The nuance looks interesting but this part worries me a little based on my poor experience with the p10. (not being able to exhale)?
Quote:Micro Exhalation Ports
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 586 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 856 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 913 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 670 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 975 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,212 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,325 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.