Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switch Repair Advice Resmed Aircurve ASV
RE: Switch Repair Advice Resmed Aircurve ASV
If you want to see more on how these machines are all the same but different software, search for "Resmed Airbreak".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The switch is soldered in to the back side that the 2nd pic shows.

I can show you the design externally, better using the picture of the switch I ordered to replace it which another member provided me.

In the end, the switch was somehow bumped and became intermittent, then continued use pushed it down and then apart
to the state I found it, which was a tiny metal dome shaped contact piece and the reddish plastic cap above it which sits under the "start/stop"
switch button we press at the top. What you see is my attempt at putting it all back together, but it may have been missing a 3rd piece I never retrieved.

I'm doing fine using the machine with the Smart Start feature, and when the switch arrives (I bought 3) I'll have to carefully take it out and replace.
This used to be my thing, however, my hands and eyes are not at all the same these days.

Here's the pic:

Appreciate your added layer to the mix SleepRider,
I had a feeling they might only be different in software.
Helps to know in advance for when things may go awry.

J
Post Reply Post Reply
Would either of these switches work OK for ya?

[Image: SsB5ym3.jpg]

[Image: tUBdSSb.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
uhhh Very close, Dave, but not conducive to sleep and rest,,, Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
@Whitenoise Did you manage to successfully repair the switch? I've got a similar problem where I can start/stop my ASV if I press really hard, probably 2/3x the normal force necessary to typically operate it. I could probably repair it (my soldering skills are adequate) but that might not be necessary because...

@Sleeprider ...this is a backup machine I'm talking about, and if the one I'm currently using (whose start/stop button seems great, knock on wood) eventually goes sideways, I believe I'd be able to switch out the front circuit board that the button is attached to. Would this affect the number of recorded hours of use on the machine (or anything else)?

Thanks!
Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
Might want to give it a shot with some contact cleaner before you press it so hard, you end up breaking it. Might be worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 128 1 hour ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.