Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switch Repair Advice Resmed Aircurve ASV
Switch Repair Advice Resmed Aircurve ASV
I have an out of warranty Resmed Aircurve ASV machine and am in need of direct advice to get help replacing the top mounted Micro-Switch (soldered into the mainboard) that sits under the Start/Stop plastic cap that we all use to initiate our resmed machines, each day and night.

The switch stopped working completely and I have determined it is the small circuit board mounted micro switch which is at fault.

I disassembled the machine to confirm and would like suggestions as to repair options with the quickest turn around times to get back up and running.

Resmed Service manuals?  Resmed Parts availability including broken units where I might salvage another switch to replace it myself and or ship the main board to have a repair facility replace it.

I suspect this same switch is likely used on most of our Resmed Airsense, Autosets, and Aircurve machines.

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switch Repair Advice Resmed Aircurve ASV
You may be able to source a generic replacement part, but the only way I know to get a replacement or to discuss how to replace this switch is to call Supplier #27. They may be able to help or estimate repair costs. Worst case, you can purchase any 10-series Resmed machine for junk and pull the part. The machines are all built with identical interior components and it is the flash memory that distinguishes how they function.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have a look at Supplier # 27 as well as try to find a source for an old machine

I imagine there must be a place here where folks are discussing hardware.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sometimes see machines sold for parts on Craigslist and even DMEs might junk some.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good ideas,, Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Without seeing an actual picture of the switch, and I'm not going to rip into my ASV, you could probably find something from eBay, Amazon, Mouser Electronics, or DigiKey.

It might be a scavenger hunt, but I'm sure there are plenty of offerings out there. It might just take a little while to dig up something that will physically fit.

Is your machine disassembled? Can you post a picture of the switch? Are you comfortable with your soldering skills?
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate your adding your feedback to help RayBee,,

I've had several good suggestions for repairs and parts scavenging today. One repair tech even suggested the fine idea of trying the "Smart Start" Resmed feature to turn the machine on without the switch and it worked, so that should get me by till I have the part in hand. I do now have the part ordered and should have it in 3 days so I should be good now.

ApneaBoard sure is something,, One of the friendliest and supportive online forums of any I have been a member of.

I don't have a picture handy and my soldering skills are certainly rusty, but I think I can do it with some patience. Just a bit hard to get to, but there is a disassembly video here and on Youtube showing how to do so which helped tremendously.

J
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2021, 09:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You may be able to source a generic replacement part, but the only way I know to get a replacement or to discuss how to replace this switch is to call Supplier #27.They may be able to help or estimate repair costs.  Worst case, you can purchase any 10-series Resmed machine for junk and pull the part.  The machines are all built with identical interior components and it is the flash memory that distinguishes how they function.
Interesting hack if we got a 2nd hand near new air sense and flashed/ swapped out the chip to turn it into an aircurve Vauto or ASV. Never taken one apart and will keep an eye out for a stuffed one in Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, here's a couple pics and the link to the disassembly video for your curiosity,,
Disassembly and modem removal of ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her - YouTube

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious. Are the switch's wires simply connected through to the side that appears to be floating (likely)? Or does it happen to be a separate set of contacts (unlikely)? If the latter, you could just swap the switch orientation around 90˚ and use the other side of the switch and other set of contacts. The picture is a bit fuzzy, but I think I see it well enough.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 255 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 550 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.