Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switch repair on Resmed S8 Escape II Images
I repaired the Switch on a RESMED S8 Escape II

I have images.
I can not post them yet as I do not know how.

I email them to the Apenaboard to see what they will do with them.

The images were done with a cell phone so not always high quality but will do the job.

I will email them to anyone to help you in a time of need.

Easy Job.
Need can of electric Contact cleaner and 15min and willing to take a small chance. * Even if plastic clip breaks I think machine will still be usable. See images for little clip.

* I have removed top 2 times and it did not break little clip.

Images are self explaining.

Hope i can help someone save money.

Privet mail me and I will send you images.
Maybe someone can make high quality images.

I am thankful to the information provided on this site and want to return the favor if possible a help to all.

Post Reply Post Reply
Best way to post images is to open an anonymous account on a site like photobucket; push the images up there. Then put the image(s) URL between html [img] tags in a post.

It saves space on the apneaboard.com server.
You might not be able to put a URL in a post until you have made ? posts... like 6 or so.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
MRIBOB emailed me the pictures. I've included them here:

ResMed S8 Escape II Switch Repair Pictures

[Image: resmed1.jpg]

[Image: resmed1.jpg]

[Image: resmed2.jpg]

[Image: resmed3.jpg]

[Image: resmed4.jpg]

[Image: resmed5.jpg]

[Image: resmed6.jpg]

[Image: resmed7.jpg]

[Image: resmed8.jpg]

[Image: resmedclean.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

REMOVE filter and unplug suggested:

1. Use butter knife or other thin object to lift plastic. Image 2
2. Carefull there are small clips . I have removed 2 times and did not break them. See image of 6 for clips
3. Lift off plastic button
4. Use cleaner on Q tip swap. Clean little metal connectors Image 5
5. Clean rubber buttons Image 8
6. Replace handel Image 7
7. Snap back .

I suggest clean and test with rubber button before full replacement of cover.

Plan <15mins Easy Need Cleaner and Q tips.

Mine works. Now used as back up.
Electric Contact or other Eltronic cleaner should be safe.
( Drys quick and smells bad)

Post Reply Post Reply
Those are resistive contact switches -- similar to those found in most TV remotes.
I would think 99.953% Isopropyl Alcohol would work too.
Post Reply Post Reply
fantastic sharing thank you, however my S8 AutoSet Spirit II on off button has a rubber seal around it, can see it when looking at the face plate, will the same instructions apply for my model to access the button for attempted repair

and would my face plate also have those clips

appreciate any insight
Post Reply Post Reply

Please send info on cleaning to traverse@sio.midco.net
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Whining siren noise and bearing replacement/repair clintga 24 7,736 02-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Eppy
Gross [CPAP] Respironics REMStar System One Series 60 Repair lempface 6 367 02-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Last Post: cate1898
Idea Ever try to purchase repair parts? Well that may have changed stihlydan 12 3,810 12-21-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Resmed S9 Escape, loud noise on inhale alacardkane 8 686 11-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Idea ResMed S8 repair for no power SuperSleeper 4 636 11-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: 10bigal10
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 12 1,484 11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Insomniac II
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 743 10-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz