Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Long term Bipap user now suffering
Long term Bipap user now suffering
Hello. This is my first post. I’ve been using bipap for at least 15 years. Currently 48 yo. In the last 1-2 years I’ve felt decreasing benefit from using the device. I often wake up feeling like I’ve been holding my breath and/or with a tight chest. 
Overall I look more haggard than ever, feel more tired than ever more depressed than ever and less energetic than ever. 
I’m concerned for my longevity.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Long term Bipap user now suffering
Hi and welcome to the board. Please download OSCAR and then we can use that data to figure out what's happening while you sleep. You will need to have an SD Card in your Resmed to record all of the data if you don't already have one.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a link to the free OSCAR software.
With the data from your machine we can quickly determine what is going on and suggest a plan of action. Without that, it is the same guess you are trying to make, however there are a number of possibilities. Do you know your Vauto Settings? Have you looked at the on-screen sleep report? what do you see there?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, I have found it is likely an oxygen desaturation issue.  My AHI averages about .3, and my doc says I am doing great on BiPAP.  I was convinced something else was going on.  I bought a Wellue SleepU to monitor O2 sats.  By reading here and elsewhere and monitoring O2 sats, I have learned much more about what is going with my health.  You do need to optimize your BiPAP settings using Oscar.  I would also consider obtaining a device to monitor oxygen sats.  Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
all in all you have a good machine. Please download OSCAR, yes that is a common theme here as the data can reveal a ton of info on what is going on. And unlike many places on the net, we much prefer to offer advice based on data, not guesses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 621 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.