Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI.
Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI.
DME visited me yesterday and switched out my F10 for an F&P Simplus, and this morning, when I checked Sleepyhead, my AHI was 0.0. Much nicer fitting mask so far. Not as rough on the bride of the nose; more cushy, but... when I woke up from sleep to go to the bathroom, my wrist pulse ox said 82% desat, so I'm a bit confused. My finger might have been cold, because the room was cold. Going to ask my sleep doctor about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched ffm, got 0.0 AHI.
I can't edit my post. I also add that I've been on therapy for 7 days, and when I wake up in the morning, my lungs still feel a bit strange; dry upper airway, and a pressure feeling in the lungs. Is this normal for just starting ASV/Bilevel?
Post Reply Post Reply
JV - nice on the 0.0. Smile

I've been at this a little over 3 weeks now. (not ASV though, just an auto pap)
Seems like I had that lung sensation for the first two weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 08:58 AM)JVinNE Wrote: I can't edit my post. I also add that I've been on therapy for 7 days, and when I wake up in the morning, my lungs still feel a bit strange; dry upper airway, and a pressure feeling in the lungs. Is this normal for just starting ASV/Bilevel?

Dry, yes. Try turning up the humidifier.
"...pressure feeling in the lungs" Some feel it. The ASV pumps the lungs with air pressure to treat central apneas. You'll get used to it; plus the machine learns what your normal is -- and adjusts therapy accordingly.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Great results so far. Keep working it.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Remarkable progress for such a short period of time. Remember when the Doc thought you should be dead? Well, you aren't! Good job making this work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JVinNE,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the 0s, keep up the good work, sounds like you are off to a great start.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
JV,
Nice to see that 0.0.
Well-done
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 11:08 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Remarkable progress for such a short period of time. Remember when the Doc thought you should be dead? Well, you aren't! Good job making this work for you.

I'm not the one who had the doc say that. It is another man on here. I am a woman. Smile

PS. I meant to say "bridge" of nose, not bride.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to everyone who has responded. Smile I have the humidifier on auto, because the temperature in my room changes during the night; we have a new heating system in this house, and it's been a bit wonky. I might try to mess with it a bit more, but when I get up to go to the bathroom, in the middle of my sleep cycle, I notice the humidifier is pretty low, and I often have to refill it a bit before getting back into bed.

Doc said I needed this ASV machine for sleep-onset Hypopnea; which would desat down to the 70s sometimes. It scared the p**p out of me, even though the lab centrals AHI was only 5.1.

Talked with one of my reps at the DME (really good one by the way, nice people, and caring.) They called me to see how I like the new mask I got yesterday, and they looked at my numbers. Let me put it this way, the DME is so good, the woman who came to the house to fit me for the mask, hugged me when I was crying; I have been through a lot of medical drama lately, and it's been very difficult on my body and mind.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switched from APAP to BiLevel/TriLevel WOW Stubert 2 670 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Switched to FFM, need help on settings Strange54 1 210 02-06-2024, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 418 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 492 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 211 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need advice: switched from P10 mask to P30i rebean 3 479 12-30-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 908 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.