Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Switched from APAP to BIPAP
RE: Switched from APAP to BIPAP
Geer1. Considering that you've noticed that higher PS exacerbates my awake periods, would the reason my sleep study didn't notice the issue (and why I genuinely felt a lot more well-rested after a few hours of the study) be that no PS was used during the CPAP portion, which made up the majority of the night? 

Testing that would obviously need to be done, but the hypothesis doesn't seem too far off from what could be reality. Besides that I'm willing to do anything to try and resolve these symptoms. 

I will continue using the same settings as last night tonight. But would a CPAP trial at 8 with no PS be the next step?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am torn about PS. It seems to make some things better and some things worse. The question is if it improves or worsens symptoms which can only be determined from how you feel because the data doesn't tell us anything about your symptoms.

Assuming these current settings appear to be a good baseline for EPAP (want to see that they are fairly consistent) then my next thought was to test PS of either 1 or 4. Trying PS of 1 first would be a more noticeable difference from current settings and then if you determine that seems worse than current settings could try PS of 4 and then slowly narrow in from there what seems best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good, 

Here are the results from last night in case it provides /confirms any information:

Post Reply Post Reply
So I changed PS to 1 last night, and so far it already seems like PS should be raised again. What's interesting is that Central apneas went up significantly.

Here are my results last night + I felt worse after waking up today than yesterday:

Post Reply Post Reply
Try EPAP 9 with PS 1 for one night then try PS 4.

The other night at EPAP 8 you had some higher flow limitation as well so it seems like 8 is on the edge of being adequate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the settings from last night:

Will use PS 4 tonight unless PS 5 is recommended instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
AK -- I continue to be amazed that you can produce such runs of high and extended flow limits while on the vauto. My autoset nights look like that, but the vauto just fixes it for me. I wonder what's different between us that prevents the vauto from just fixing yours?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just curiosity, if applicable, would a physical airway restriction cause some of these kind of ongoing issues? A restriction that PAP cannot resolve that is.

Maybe this was discussed earlier but I don't remember about it...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2021, 01:38 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Just curiosity, if applicable, would a physical airway restriction cause some of these kind of ongoing issues? A restriction that PAP cannot resolve that is.

Maybe this was discussed earlier but I don't remember about it...

What, like a scarred or non-pliable mass that partially blocks or restricts airway?  QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
As someone with a significant goiter (that used to be bigger!) I have wondered about the thyroid pressing on the airway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,220 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 143 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 222 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 907 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 643 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 134 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.